Darts...

Sideshow

Aye going for the morning and evening session for the Quarter Finals. Think it's the 28th of July.

Only just realised yesterday that I will miss Cowden away which is the following day. :(

Aye going for the morning and evening session for the Quarter Finals. Think it's the 28th of July.

Only just realised yesterday that I will miss Cowden away which is the following day. :(

Matchplay is 16th-24th July IIRC?

Current Matchplay qualifers

1. Phil Taylor

2. Adrian Lewis

3. Gary Anderson

4. James Wade

5. Simon Whitlock

6. Raymond van Barneveld

7. Terry Jenkins

8. Wes Newton

9. Mervyn King

10. Mark Webster

11. Ronnie Baxter

12. Colin Lloyd

13. Mark Walsh

14. Paul Nicholson

15. Vincent van der Voort

16. Andy Hamilton

1. John Part

2. Jamie Caven

3. Justin Pipe

4. Denis Ovens

5. Alan Tabern

6. John Henderson

7. Peter Wright

8. Scott Rand

9. Mark Hylton

10. Kevin Painter

11. Andy Smith

12. Wayne Jones

13. Magnis Caris

14. Antonio Alcinas

15. Steve Brown

16. Dave Chisnall

No Osborne, Stompe, Beaton, Priestley, Eccles, Thornton, Klaasen to name a few with only 2 weekends of pro tour events remaining.

Edited by Lambies_Apprentice

I'm not sure of the exact changes that could happen. I think Andy Hamilton is only a few hundred quid ahead of Wayne Jones in the OOM and could drop out altogether, otherwise, I've no idea. I'm pretty sure Osborne has the most money on the Qualifers list who is currently missing out and he'd get in should Hamilton slip out.

Osborne is realistically the only player who can come into it now as far as I understand it. Hamilton would have to have a right couple of stinkers.

Hopefully Osborne doesn't get into it I would rather see players like Chisnall, Caris, Alcincas and Brown for something a bit different. Chisnall in particular will be a future major winner and a major threat at the Matchplay.

Latest odds for Matchplay : http://www.oddscheck...ay-darts/winner

Newton & Nicholson look great e/w value after their performances in the UK Open. Taylor still stupidly short-priced.

Edit: The increasing unpredictability of darts means I think that bookies should be offering to pay e/w on semi-finalists thesedays...

Edited by Desert Nomad

There is no value in Taylor at all these days. A couple of years ago you could have backed a wad of money on him at the start of the tournament, even at short odds, and guarenteed you would get your return at the end of a tournament. These days that just isn't the case with no final appearance for him in the Worlds, Premier League or UK Open. He's certainly not finished by any means but I can see the majors being dished out fairly evenly over the next few years with not one person dominating the sport. No one fears the big names anymore and the days of going on the stage and shitting yourself against Taylor and Barney are long gone.

It's great times for darts at the minute and for the future due to the quality in depth and youngsters coming through.

There is no value in Taylor at all these days. A couple of years ago you could have backed a wad of money on him at the start of the tournament, even at short odds, and guarenteed you would get your return at the end of a tournament. These days that just isn't the case with no final appearance for him in the Worlds, Premier League or UK Open. He's certainly not finished by any means but I can see the majors being dished out fairly evenly over the next few years with not one person dominating the sport. No one fears the big names anymore and the days of going on the stage and shitting yourself against Taylor and Barney are long gone.

For the first time in about 20 years it's now debatable over whether he's the best player in the world. It's excellent to see.

It's great times for darts at the minute and for the future due to the quality in depth and youngsters coming through.

Spot on. The game also seems to be becoming more popular abroad which can only increase the talent pool further.