Darts...

Sideshow

How many darts did Beaton have at the 80?

3. Webster was on 86. He goes for 16's and ends up with one dart at the bull, which he missed. If he went for 20's, hes guaranteed a dart at tops. Pub player error from Beaton. Not that it would have mattered much, Webster was cruising.

3. Webster was on 86. He goes for 16's and ends up with one dart at the bull, which he missed. If he went for 20's, hes guaranteed a dart at tops. Pub player error from Beaton. Not that it would have mattered much, Webster was cruising.

If you prefer 16's you go Beatons route, nowt pubby about it, it shows a lack of confidence at that level if you think you'll miss a treble.

If you prefer 16's you go Beatons route, nowt pubby about it, it shows a lack of confidence at that level if you think you'll miss a treble.

At his level, he should know how to play the percentages. You spend the majority of a leg of 501 throwing for treble 20's. As you say, you should be confident of hitting a treble. Why not go for treble 20 then and give yourself 2 clear darts at 10's? More chance of hitting treble 20 than treble 16, more chance of hitting tops than bull.

Don't be silly :lol:

I adore Nicholson

Really? I think he's a first class knob-jockey. He's won fúck all. Come back and act like that when you've actually proved you can actually win something.

Arrrgh, the Sky box has gone off....fúck you Nicholson! mad.giftongue.gif

Really? I think he's a first class knob-jockey. He's won fúck all. Come back and act like that when you've actually proved you can actually win something.

He won the Players championships finals....

I know what you mean, but he is fabulous entertainment. He is trying to turn darts into WWE. Fair play.

I used to hate him, but I really like him these days, he certainly adds something to the game.

It's been a slow starter, thought it was picking up with the first 180 but it hasn't really. Still early doors I guess.

ETA: What's the MC's name again? I can't for the life of me remember. :ph34r:

Edited by Adam

At his level, he should know how to play the percentages. You spend the majority of a leg of 501 throwing for treble 20's. As you say, you should be confident of hitting a treble. Why not go for treble 20 then and give yourself 2 clear darts at 10's? More chance of hitting treble 20 than treble 16, more chance of hitting tops than bull.

That's how darts used to be, bloody boring compared to nowadays, Taylor wouldn't be half the player he is if he played the %'s all his career, plenty of players prefer certain doubles and go whatever way gets them on those doubles.

Don't be silly :lol:

Spent more hours pounding a dart board than you can imagine.