Darts...

Sideshow

The Hammer's already done Barney and he's just put out Taylor in what looks like the performance of his life.

104 average in a 6-3 win! I think they play in the PL as well this week.

Kellett could well take advantage in the semi as usually the other player is mentally fucked after beating Feel.

Kellet has pedigree maybe just been lacking confidence lately, shown decent ability in the past maybe this is where his fortunes change.

Part has gotten on my tits the last few years, plodding along, but seems to have played very well this weekend going by the averages.

Tbh though I expected the pair of them to do f**k all of note this year or even in this tournament.

Some players struggle for a while and then suddenly break out. Might be the case for Kellet. Of course, might be just one of them weekends where someone is feeling good and they do well. Happens all of the time on the Pro tour. How many times have we read the sentence "nice to see such and such a guy doing well this weekend!" and then they f**k off for the rest of the year?

Part has gotten on my tits the last few years, plodding along, but seems to have played very well this weekend going by the averages.

As far as I'm aware, at the start of the year John had a go at throwing slightly slower which seems to have given him more consistency with the scoring. He's always going to be fairly solid on the doubles, so if one of the top guys is slightly off their game he'll be dangerous.

A lot of pressure on Part though. Won 3 Pro Tour titles in 2011, as well as reaching the Quarters of the Worlds, so is defending that cash this year. This is a great start for him, even if Kellett wins the final.

To be fair to Kellett he qualified for the World's in his first year and will be looking to play in more TV major's this year. A win here puts him in pole position to qualify for the Matchplay.

Early tip for Thursday, Barney is 10/11 to beat Thornton at Skybet.. most have him between 4/6 and 4/7.. price will not be there by Thursday! Looks like Thorn has gone off the boil a bit recently.

Do you watch the Premier League? There's no 'tips' to be had as last week showed

Thornton got to the quarters this weekend, Barney last 16. Off the boil? He's consistently in the last 8 of events for the last year or so.

Do you watch the Premier League? There's no 'tips' to be had as last week showed

Thornton got to the quarters this weekend, Barney last 16. Off the boil? He's consistently in the last 8 of events for the last year or so.

I've not really been following the results this weekend (just saw he lost 6-1 to kellett) so I'll take that back about Thorn.. but Barney has won all but one of his PL games and at 10/11 is an excellent price for me.

Edited by Akpo Sodje

If you got 10/11 on Barney then fair play as the best available now is 7/10, so was a very good bet in that sense.

I've backed Thornton at 3/1 though, he's phenomenal and whilst Barney is playing well just now, I give Thornton more than a 25% chance of winning this match.

aye not sure i would be bcking barney or why he is odds on.Wade would of beat anyone like that last week,Thorn had an all right weekend at butlins.

After last weeks carry on it would be sensible to sit on the fence but i think lewis and wade will win tonight.

Lewis was good last week,and has a good record over anderson.Wade is the man on form.Whitlock will push him,but i think the machine is a great price at 13/10