Darts...

Sideshow

Darts has had rowdy crowds from the beginning, what's the big deal?

To an extent, but whenever you see clips of the older matches, there seemed to be much more respect for the guys throwing the darts.

The Matchplay has always drawn the best crowd down the years in terms of both knowledge and good order.

Simply wasn't the case this year. Grand Prix easily. Didn't see the Matchplay last year for the most part so wouldn't know.

Aye i see your point to an extent, but surely the crowd are not that stupid and understand that it's only a wee wind up FFS.

The cat calling & booing is bad enough in the premier league where half the knobends who turn up don't know the first thing about the sport and are only there for the piss-up, but it's always been a much more knowlegable crowd at the majors, so i for one don't want that shit to creep in to the main events, or before you know it you'll be getting the ENGURLAND, ENGURLAND chanting in the middle of a game, f**k that. :(

I would be shocked if the crowd don't give it the old ENGURLAND chants when Anderson plays Baxter in the next round.

The ENGERLUND chants are the most annoying thing about these crowds. I don't think most English darts players would come up to Scotland and get booed for just being English, its not that type of sport.

Jocky Wilson Cup. :P

Yeah, I see your point and you're right, but still, had to be done.

Lets not forget the rabid crowd for Mardle vs. Thornton last year at the Ally Pally. If ever there was evidence that the crowds were PL style before, this was it.