Darts...

Sideshow

Poor stuff from both players.

Has to be said there has been some shocking matches in the tournament so far. Too many mismatches for a start. For me the PDC need to make the 1st round more competitive next year. On one hand you have the battle of the Wizards and on the other you have a stack of 3-0 (9-0 in legs) wastes of time. There needs to be a better balance.

Has to be said there has been some shocking matches in the tournament so far. Too many mismatches for a start. For me the PDC need to make the 1st round more competitive next year. On one hand you have the battle of the Wizards and on the other you have a stack of 3-0 (9-0 in legs) wastes of time. There needs to be a better balance.

So you'd suggest an open draw for the 1st round rather than seed vs non-seed?

Simon Whitlock in that sort of form can be a match for anyone.

Got to agree with this.His checkouts at the grand slam where superb.Didnt see the action last night but planet darts says he hit 24 ton+,16 140+,and 6 180's.With checkouts of 130 122 120 he is an exciting player to watch.Weird how he is only 98 or something in the rankings.He must not play the pdc circuit in europe.

That first dart into the T20 was absolutely lethal from Whitlock last night. Was so impressed with him last night his all round game was solid. I think Osborne done well to stay in the game and take the 3rd set but there was really only going to be one winner it's hard to live with that kind of darts.

Fell asleep watching Ovens for the 1000th time what an absolute snore fest.

No, much simpler plan >> Less pish players <_<

Some of these first round games have been a total joke.

I'd rather have less players and make them best of 7. Would have happily watched more of the Wizards or Caven-Anderson.

Watched some of the darts last night, I've got no more than a passing interest in it. I eventually had to turn it off due to Sid Waddell's chronic patter.

When did he become a ridiculously shite caricature of himself?

I think he makes most of the matches he covers sound more interesting.Cringeworthy when he does the commentary of taylors matches.

Got to agree with this.His checkouts at the grand slam where superb.Didnt see the action last night but planet darts says he hit 24 ton+,16 140+,and 6 180's.With checkouts of 130 122 120 he is an exciting player to watch.Weird how he is only 98 or something in the rankings.He must not play the pdc circuit in europe.

That's exactly the reason - though he has made plans to move up to the UK so that he can go full time on the circuit next year.

Order of play for tonight...

Wayne Jones vs Alex Roy

Magnus Caris vs Francisco Ruiz

Michael van Gerwen vs Peter Wright

James Wade vs Steve Brown

Colin Lloyd vs Caris/Ruiz

...hoping that van Gerwen and Roy can get settled quick and take care of their opponents. Not too fussed about the other matches, though it will be interesting to see if Caris can carry on his recent good form after years away from the limelight.

Caris is a definate wildcard.

As is Brown. Wade was true to form last year and at this year's GP in the set matches. He made it far last year, but he was ultimately going through players who, for one reason or another, weren't matching their potential.

This Brown guy looks handy. I can see Wade going out.

Caris is a definate wildcard.

As is Brown. Wade was true to form last year and at this year's GP in the set matches. He made it far last year, but he was ultimately going through players who, for one reason or another, weren't matching their potential.

This Brown guy looks handy. I can see Wade going out.

Given that he's never had any more than the odd quarter final appearance on the Pro Tour (he's lost in his two and only TV showings as well) I don't see Brown being the man to take advantage of Wade's lackadaisical attitude.

van Gerwen or Wright have a better chance of taking him out in Round 2.

Edited by The Naitch

Given that he's never had any more than the odd quarter final appearance on the Pro Tour (he's lost in his two and only TV showings as well) I don't see Brown being the man to take advantage of Wade's lackadaisical attitude.

van Gerwen or Wright have a better chance of taking him out in Round 2.

Almost 7/1 on a Roy Wright double. Doubt it, but its worth it