Darts...

Sideshow

Wee tip for Nicholson - putting your finger to your mouth to tell the crowd to shut up only works if the crowd have actually been on your back, which hasn't been the case so far this afternoon.

Despite what he may think he still hasn't fully learned how to handle the crowd.

Two excellent checkouts of 104 and 97 puts Nicholson back in control of this match.

EDIT: He's on a nine darter, but didn't quite get it. Great form from the Geordie.

EDIT AGAIN: Six perfect darts and he somehow lost the leg - fantastic 95 bull finish from Beaton gets him right back in this.

Edited by The Naitch

Prediction #2 is Kevin Painter, who has been amazing the last few months.

Yep, he's really starting to re-discover his form of a few years ago and should take care of Jaws - he's in Taylor's quarter of the draw, though, which means sadly he won't progress much further after today.

Lets not be so dismissive. Terry Jenkins has taken care of Taylor MORE than once over the short format, even when Taylor was playing really well. He is capable of beating Taylor today if the champ plays like he did yesterday.

Lets not be so dismissive. Terry Jenkins has taken care of Taylor MORE than once over the short format, even when Taylor was playing really well. He is capable of beating Taylor today if the champ plays like he did yesterday.

He's beaten Taylor twice in 19 attempts and only one of those was over a 'short' format (8-5 win in the 2008 PL). Did beat him in the Matchplay over a long distance which is impressive enough though.

Edited by The Naitch

Kevin Painter should NOT be even going into this break. Colin Lloyd had chance after chance to break and didn't. The most amazing thing was that he even allowed Kevin Painter missed chances before he won the leg.

2-2 at the break, and hopefully that wakes The Artist up.

I didn't realise that Taylor had THAT much success over Jenkins in the PL. Have there been many draws recently ?

They've drawn three times in the last two Premier League campaigns.

EDIT: Jenkins lost both group games in the 2007 PL and took a pasting in the grand final as well.

Edited by The Naitch

Ah. See, I only really got Sky Sports a week before the start of the 2008 PL, which is why I thought Jenkins had reasonable success, although I was aware of the pasting he got the year before.

To be fair, the stats could be dressed up to suit either argument e.g.. Jenkins is unbeaten against Taylor in four over this distance, but has only won once in their 7 overall meetings in race to eight matches...

Painter just starting to assert himself in this match... he's 4-3 up and a break up against Lloydy.

EDIT: Great 106 from Jaws allows him to break back and we're 4-4 at the break.

Edited by The Naitch

What the stats DO show is that he is a very dangerous opponent, which was my arguement in the first place. ;)

Colin Lloyd was on 150 for a nine darter which I found pretty odd. Not yer usual nine dart chance. Anyways, 4-4 into the break. This is fun-fun-fun.