Darts...

Sideshow

Baxter breaks back immediately ... this could be a very close contest.

EDIT: Well, Newton bounces back himself to take the next leg and now has a 3-1 lead going into the first break.

Edited by The Naitch

Wes Newton is looking magnificent here, and that 124 finish on the bull just sums up the way that he's playing at the moment.

If he keeps this up, I'll be 1 for 4 on predictions for the afternoon session. Come on Ronnie. :(

Wes Newton is looking magnificent here, and that 124 finish on the bull just sums up the way that he's playing at the moment.

If he keeps this up, I'll be 1 for 4 on predictions for the afternoon session. Come on Ronnie. :(

Between this and the football (Aberdeen are in the process of doing me out of a three figure sum) it's not been a great afternoon for me either on the prediction front. <_<

Anyhoo - great showing from Wes so far, wonder if he'll be able to keep it up.

Baxter is really off-colour here, nearly let Wes in to go 5-1 up before finally cleaning up the leg. 4-2 down looks a little better for Baxter at this stage ... still a couple of breaks of throw required for the Rocket, though.

Oh, brilliant stuff from Wes to nip that mini comeback in the bud by breaking back ... he's 6-4 up with throw in his favour.

EDIT: This match is swinging one way, then the other - another break of throw and Baxter drags himself back into it.

Edited by The Naitch

After all of the fighting and scrapping from Ronnie Baxter in those legs, he goes and throws some awful darts at the start of the last leg, and it ended up costly to him.

Cracking match to end the afternoon. The only good main event that DH Smith is likely to see for a while. :P

I missed the darts last night so I think I might stay in and watch it tonight. Im gutted Anderson is out mad.gif

Theres going to be some great matches tonight. Mervyn King vs Jelle Klaasen is the one im looking forward to biggrin.gif

He wasn't even close to troubling Klaasen last night ... Anderson has a lot of work to do if he's going to do anything in the telly tournaments this year.