Darts...

Sideshow

What happened to Thornton? Presume he lost in the last 16?

Pumped off Whitlock.

As an aside what the heck was Paul Nicholson losing the plot at? Seemed to be giving the crowd 'W(anker)' signs after the match and looked set to jump in and have a scrap. I know he comes across as a bit of a cocky sod but didn't think he wound the crowd up so much.

Edited by RedWeb

As said before if you are goin to play the bad guy image then you can't react in that manner. He comes out with the glasses on and winds up the crowd instantly with his image so he has to take it back and acted like a wee lassie after the match. I like Nicholson as well but that was embarrassing to watch.

Other thoughts on the tournament so far:

Great crowd, very knowledgable and a breathe of fresh air from the recent events. Sunday being the final though I wonder how much this will change.

Really impressed by Anderson - his showings against King and Nicholson showed true bottle. He probably won't win the thing but he has certainly shown a but of grit that I didn't think he had previously.

Eric Bristow is thick as shit. On at least two of the draws he hasn't a clue what ball is the 6 and what one is the 9!!!

Phil Taylor is just a freak.

C'mon Anderson :D. Gutted I missed the match last night as I was out in Edinburgh at my sisters party. Got the lass behind the bar to check the result for me. King must be raging

I never seen the match but King seems to be quite dignified in defeat going by the PDC website's post match quotes. He will still get boooooooooed for no apparent reason in the coming months though.

It says on the pdc site that the semi finals are winners of match 1 and 2.And winners of match 3 and 4. i thought it was an open draw until the final.

So if anderson wins he will get ayres or wade.

A nice easy path for the power to the final then.Ade lewis never shows up against the power.No matter how much sky want to hype it up as a master v apprentice clash.Lewis will be lucky if he gets four legs off him.

Only wade or anderson can stop the power now.

I never seen the match but King seems to be quite dignified in defeat going by the PDC website's post match quotes. He will still get boooooooooed for no apparent reason in the coming months though.

Anderson and King seemed like really good mates after the match and King seemed extremely dignified and respectful....I'm not exactly a King fan but he went up a little in my book after that.

Now bring on another cracking daybiggrin.gif.

Glad Wade went out, would have been robbery if he had won anyway.

Anderson is on fire, even though Ayres beat a quality player in Wade, Wade wasn't interested until the last few legs, so he really should beat him, if of course he doesn't somehow throw this away.

Crowd have been really good too.

C'mon Anderson....get inbiggrin.gif.

Anyone know how the semi-final draw shapes up? Do hye have a draw again or has it already been decided?

he's playing Tony Ayres in the semi.

the winner of the Newton v Ovens match(on sky sports 2 just now) will play either taylor or Lewis in the other semi

He'll need to brush up on doubles against the resiliant Ayres, but I reckon he has enough.

I'm up for a Taylor/Anderson final. Would be nice to be proved wrong if it means Anderson winning a major.

He'll need to brush up on doubles against the resiliant Ayres, but I reckon he has enough.

I'm up for a Taylor/Anderson final. Would be nice to be proved wrong if it means Anderson winning a major.

I'm wanting Lewis to beat Taylor.

dont think it will happen though, taylor always gives lewis a beating :angry: