Darts...

Sideshow

It's been quality hasn't it ? This tourney on the whole has been superb actually up untill now. More please !

Good line up for later too, I think Barney may be the shock exit of the night...

It's been quality hasn't it ? This tourney on the whole has been superb actually up untill now. More please !

Spot on, Dom. It has been terrific so far.

Good line up for later too, I think Barney may be the shock exit of the night...

If Barney goes out tonight I'll eat my hat. :P

Edited by The Naitch

RONNIE BAXTER 9-13 WAYNE JONES

180s

Baxter : 5

Jones : 6

Over 40 Checkouts

Baxter : 50

Jones : 49, 81

I don't know if I want this to go into extra time or not. It almost feels like it'd be delaying the inevitable. Good start to the 21st from Baxter, but Jones with the 180 to nick ahead. Story of the match. Amazingly he only scores 41 from a 161 checkout position. Baxter misses, and Jones comes in. The other story. 12-9.

Jones gets his way ahead in the 22nd leg with a 180. Baxter has completely lost it at this point, landing in the 5s far too much. Jones comes in and misses, but he's far ahead and he wins.

Wayne Jones was much better and steadier than he was in the first round. Not amazing or anything but he didn't have to be, and nor will he have to be against most.

CO STOMPE 3-2 MARK WEBSTER

180s

Webster : None.

CO~~~!!! : 1

Over 40 Checkouts

Webster : 91

CO~~~!!! : 96, 127, 61

CO~~~!!! "Play Up Stompe" gets sung by a few of the fans in the audience. Mark Webster starts well. Stompe doesn't. Webster seems determined to hand the throw to Stompe and he duly takes it with a 96. Stompe is good down at 19s again. He's shifty on 20s here so he seems to be happy down there. REALLY good 91 finish from Webster in the 3rd leg.

Stompe's scoring finally seems to have settled down a bit. Co Stompe with a statement of intent with a 127 finish when he knew he didn't need to take it out. That has to be a kick in the teeth right there. Stompe puts the pressure on Webster's throw with a 180 and then a cracking 61 finish to break and make it 3-2. Really good performance from the Dutchman so far.

CO STOMPE 7-3 MARK WEBSTER

180s

Webster : 1

CO~~~!!! : 2

Over 40 Checkouts

Webster : 91, 56

CO~~~!!! : 96, 127, 61, 52, 56

Double 18s works well for Stompe in the 6th leg and he lands the finish to make it 4-2. Check out the checkout table for Stompe. He has landed loats of combos in this match so far. I don't really have to say much here as Stompe just does as he has been doing.

Stompe's finishing ALMOST lets him down in the 9th leg, but he takes double 10 to break and make it 7-2. Webster doesn't put much pressure on, but Stompe seems to just hand the chance to Webster and he gets one of his breaks back.