Darts...

Sideshow

How did they pick the teams, the Order of Merit?

There will be quite a few poor games in the early rounds as aside from the top 6 the field looks really weak.

Aside from Scotland I'll be supporting Serbia. The longer they're on TV, the more we get to see of Suljovic's wife :wub:

Edited by Marshmallo

So how is it working ? 8 groups of three ? Four groups of six ?

Four groups of six sounds sensible.Scotland would do well to get to the final.Dutch welsh and australian pair look good.

Does the winamu masters start on friday or saturday ? tv covrage isnt till saturday on the red button but i think disco dave said it was the 29-31

Unrealated but i hit a 180 last night, the third in about a year of playing.Look out lakeside wink.gif

So how is it working ? 8 groups of three ? Four groups of six ?

http://www.pdc.tv/page/PDCWorldCupArticle/0,,10180~2089691,00.html

Round 1: Teams 9-24 play-off in best of 11 legs doubles match.

Round 2: Teams 1-8 enter and play the winners of Round 1 in the same format.

Round 3: The 8 remaining teams split into Group A and Group B with top two from each group making it into the semi-finals.

Semi-Finals: Two singles and one double game per semi final - best of 11 legs in all games.

Final: Same format as semi, but best of 19 legs.

Edited by The Naitch

http://www.rnw.nl/en. ..ackmail-attempt

Looks like tough times ahead for barney if this court case drags on.

It's getting to the stage where we might just see Barney pack the game in completely shortly. Just hasn't been a happy time for him in the last couple of years on and off the oche.

Rounds 1-5 are all done and dusted at the World Masters. This is the last 16:

Martin Adams vs Jan Dekker

Scott Waites vs Jerry Hendriks

Tony O'Shea vs Martin McCloskey

Dean Winstanley vs Stewart Rattray

Stuart Kellet vs Tony West

Ross Montgomery vs Ted Hankey

Garry Thompson vs Martin Phillips

Steve West vs Ian Jones

Edited by The Naitch

Today's results...

6th Round

Garry Thompson 0-3 Martin Phillips

Scott Waites 3-0 Jerry Hendricks

Stuart Kellett 3-1 Tony West

Ross Montgomery 2-3 Ted Hankey

Steve West 2-3 Ian Jones

Dean Winstanley 3-1 Stewart Rattray

Martin Adams 3-2 Jan Dekker

Tony O'Shea 2-3 Martin McCloskey

Quarter-Finals

Martin Adams 3-1 Scott Waites

Martin McCloskey 3-0 Dean Winstanley

Stuart Kellett 3-2 Ted Hankey

Martin Phillips 3-1 Ian Jones

Only caught the end of the phillips match when i got back from the football.He won on a 141 finish which was impressive.

I heard hankey was getting put off by the crowd again.

I like the way the walks on are.Good job they dont have to go up the staircase or most of the players would be knackered by the time they got on the oche !

Only caught the end of the phillips match when i got back from the football.He won on a 141 finish which was impressive.

I heard hankey was getting put off by the crowd again.

I like the way the walks on are.Good job they dont have to go up the staircase or most of the players would be knackered by the time they got on the oche !

The highlights of Hankey's match are on the BBC website ... there was calling out while he was throwing, but he was goading the crowd throughout the match. If he can't take it, he shouldn't dish it out. Just him being in Wolverhampton is making me look forward to the Grand Slam so so much!

Cracking wee match ... Kellett was 2-0 and 5-2 up but Phillips started racking up the big scores and the big checkouts to pull it back to 5-5.

Both players went hell for leather in the deciding set with Kellett finally snatching it in the deciding leg. The next semi is on at 2pm.

Just turned it on there. Martin Adams had 60 left with one dart in his hand, Tony Green: "This'll be for 20 or 18". Yes Tony, im sure he really wants to leave 42 or 6 you fucking muppet.

Anyway, this is further proof that Adams would make a great living in the PDC if he wasn't a fud.

Just turned it on there. Martin Adams had 60 left with one dart in his hand, Tony Green: "This'll be for 20 or 18". Yes Tony, im sure he really wants to leave 42 or 6 you fucking muppet.

Anyway, this is further proof that Adams would make a great living in the PDC if he wasn't a fud.

Tony Green has been doing my head in all afternoon .. he was chronic on the first semi final.

Good from Adams so far ... he was hovering around a 95 average for most of that first session.