Darts...

Sideshow

... and Monk has made it too.

So, it'll be Monk vs van Gerwen in the Final which will take place at Alexandra Palace (and not Circus Tavern as you mentioned earlier F_T_Y tongue.gif).

Im not very good am i laugh.gif

Take it none of these players have a chance of qualifying for the pdc worlds.Would be a bit of a bummer if you had to play two big games in one day.

Or are they allowed to qualify for both ?

Im not very good am i laugh.gif

Take it none of these players have a chance of qualifying for the pdc worlds.Would be a bit of a bummer if you had to play two big games in one day.

Or are they allowed to qualify for both ?

They're very much allowed to qualify for both - van Gerwen is already there (I think), but I don't think Monk is going to make it anyway. Besides, I presume that the U-21 Final will be taking place on Jan 2nd (World Semi-Final night) and I don't really see MvG making it that far into that tourney.

They're very much allowed to qualify for both - van Gerwen is already there (I think), but I don't think Monk is going to make it anyway. Besides, I presume that the U-21 Final will be taking place on Jan 2nd (World Semi-Final night) and I don't really see MvG making it that far into that tourney.

At least he still has a chance of winning a world title if he gets papped out in the early rounds.A good position to be in !

Because I'm that bored I thought I'd take a guess at the pot seedings for tomorrow's Grand Slam draw:

Pot 1: Taylor, Barney, King, Anderson, Wade, Lewis, Whitlock, Hankey

Pot 2: Jenkins, Waites, van der Voort, Stompe, Beaton, O'Shea, Baxter, Lloyd

Pot 3: Webster, Nicholson, Thornton, Jones, Osborne, Newton, van Gerwen, Fitton

Pot 4: Chisnall, Monk, Phillips, Henderson, Hylton, Pipe, Bromberg, Wright

I expect it to be wildly wrong when they do get around to announcing the draw. :P

http://www.pdc.tv/page/GrandSlamDetail/0,,10180~2211122,00.html

Pool One (seeds): 1 Phil Taylor, 2 James Wade, 3 Simon Whitlock, 4 Raymond van Barneveld, 5 Adrian Lewis, 6 Gary Anderson, 7 Mervyn King, 8 Paul Nicholson

Pool Two: Ronnie Baxter, Terry Jenkins, Wayne Jones, Colin Lloyd, Wes Newton, Colin Osborne, Co Stompe, Vincent van der Voort

Pool Three: Steve Beaton, Darryl Fitton, Ted Hankey, John Henderson, Tony O'Shea, Robert Thornton, Scott Waites, Mark Webster

Pool Four: Stacy Bromberg, Dave Chisnall, Mark Hylton, Arron Monk, Martin Phillips, Justin Pipe, Michael van Gerwen, Tricia Wright

Well, I wasn't too far out though the BDO placings are a bit strange (Henderson seeded better than Chisnall?) and Nicholson's place in the top seeds is bonkers as he's done nothing since January.

What a weekend Wes Newton is having .. he's just beaten Mark Webster 6-1 in the Final of today's Players' Championship tournament.

So in three days play he's picked up £12,000 and a place at the Grand Slam - not bad at all.

Why isn't Wolfie playing?

Pdc invited him 3 years in a row and he said no.You could understand if None of the bdo players took part but turning down the invite when other bdo players play (even hankey) take part in the tournament just makes him looked scared.Shame, i reckon he would do all right in it.

Starts 13th.the group games are usually 6- 10 in the evening.Draw is tonight.This is my second favourite tournament, you get the best players from both bdo and pdc.

Pdc invited him 3 years in a row and he said no.You could understand if None of the bdo players took part but turning down the invite when other bdo players play (even hankey) take part in the tournament just makes him looked scared.Shame, i reckon he would do all right in it.

Starts 13th.the group games are usually 6- 10 in the evening.Draw is tonight.This is my second favourite tournament, you get the best players from both bdo and pdc.

I certainly don't think he's afraid. Probably in the form of his life at the moment.

Grand Slam Group Stage Draw

Group A - Whitlock, Osborne, Thornton, Chisnall

Group B - Anderson, Jones, Webster, Hylton

Group C - King, Jenkins, Henderson, Bromberg

Group D - Wade, van der Voort, O'Shea, Pipe

Group E - Lewis, Stompe, Waites, Phillips

Group F - van Barneveld, Lloyd, Fitton, Wright

Group G - Nicholson, Baxter, Beaton, Monk

Group H - Taylor, Newton, Hankey, van Gerwen

Group E looks tasty, as does Group H.

Grand Slam Group Stage Draw

Group A - Whitlock, Osborne, Thornton, Chisnall

Group B - Anderson, Jones, Webster, Hylton

Group C - King, Jenkins, Henderson, Bromberg

Group D - Wade, van der Voort, O'Shea, Pipe

Group E - Lewis, Stompe, Waites, Phillips

Group F - van Barneveld, Lloyd, Fitton, Wright

Group G - Nicholson, Baxter, Beaton, Monk

Group H - Taylor, Newton, Hankey, van Gerwen

Group E looks tasty, as does Group H.

Oooft tough draws for the scots.Will be good to see how chisnall prefroms against established pdc players.Taylor v hankey,brilliant.You will be able to feel the tension on stage.

Group H to be fair looks like an easy Newton/Taylor affair.

As much as I don't like hankey I think him and Taylor easy I no newtons had a great weekend but big tele tournament are different! Hankey vs Taylor will b a cracker my prediction the announcer will hav his work cut out keeping crowd quiet!would b good to see hankey play his best darts whilst being booed instead of moaning!