MARTIN ADAMS 7-5 DEAN WINSTANLEY

Set Scores: 3-1, 3-0, 2-3, 2-3, 3-0, 0-3, 1-3, 3-1, 2-3, 3-1, 3-2, 3-0

180s

Adams: 6

Winstanley: 11

Over 40 Checkouts

Adams: 161, 41, 82, 80, 151, 85, 63, 82, 46, 41, 62

Winstanley: 85, 80, 77, 80, 56, 58, 60, 72

That was a good match. Martin Adams really did begin to turn the heat on Winstanley and he couldn't deal with it.

A really good final, sometimes I think that they tell Wolfie to struggle until it comes down to the final couple of sets! :P Now a 3 time World Champion, joins Lowe, Part, Bristow, Barney and Taylor (Who David Croft forgot about) in that group.

Although, Martin Adams taking the microphone was incredibly cringeworthy, trying to do his motivational speech!

Edited by Davis Love III

It's like someone winning SFL 1 three times in a row, history books will show that there was a breakaway.

I was taking the piss, hes a fraud, just like his Masters wins the blowhards on the BBC laughably compare to Bob Andersons.

Oh I quite agree with both of those comments, but the titles are all included under World Championship wins. In a table Adams will be near the top, even though many would argue that there should be an * beside it!

I was taking the piss, hes a fraud, just like his Masters wins the blowhards on the BBC laughably compare to Bob Andersons.

Adams used to score like a PDC player then his bottle would crash, nowadays so many have switched that it's left the BDO in a terrible state compared to the PDC, I think the runner up could improve if he switched but like Chisnall he'll probably hang around being a bigger player in a tiny pond.

Adams used to score like a PDC player then his bottle would crash, nowadays so many have switched that it's left the BDO in a terrible state compared to the PDC, I think the runner up could improve if he switched but like Chisnall he'll probably hang around being a bigger player in a tiny pond.

Chisnall is off to the PDC mate.

Chisnall is off to the PDC mate.

Thank god for that, the BDO IMHO is only a breeding ground for new talent these days, anyone that stays too long will only stifle their own progress.

I've watched every BDO final and it inspired me to pick up darts all those years ago, sadly it's stuck in a time warp.

Perhaps Scottish football should take a look at darts to see the contrast between stuffy blazer change is bad types and the we'll take a chance and start from scratch brigade, I know which one I'd pay top dollar to watch.

Edited by ayrmad

love watching the BDO its tradition this time of year , but i agree it is stuck in a time warp, i get the impression the guys in the BDO are a lot more friendly with each other , than the cut throat PDC ,

the final itself was very very scrappy , some decent darts but some bad darts too for a world final , too think winstanley is only 29 , ( that makes me feel old ) as i thought he was about 42 or 43 ..... winstanley has the base to build from , he has potential to become a world champion sooner rather than later , if he works on his counting and temperment ,

anyone else tried to booked tickets yet for premier league in SECC , heard its taylor v anderson !!!

If the bdo is so piss poor why cant scott waites handle the lakeside, but has reached the last two grand slam finals?.

Completely different format, different atmosphere, you probably couldn't get two more opposed tournaments - in actual fact it baffles me when you see how well Waites plays at the GSOD that he hasn't switched - he seems to relish the crowd noise.