Darts...

Sideshow

Should point out that I love the really cheesy player intros this time around. Reminds me of monster movies.

Does Merv King's entrance not fall into that category? :P

EDIT: Wayne is 'Mardle-ising' the 5's again and we're only in leg 3. He'll need to sort that out sharpish.

Edited by The Naitch

King has been different class so far I thought the crowd would affect him but far from it.

No doubts about it - he's doing a professional job on Mardle. The 'entertainer' just doesn't have an answer either.

Alan Warriner-Little is doing the 'spotting' tonight, and it shows. Presumably Bristow and Deller were busy (Sky's regular 'spotters').

Edited by The Naitch

Poor stuff from Mardle and King is only too pleased to step up and take the leg.

EDIT: A thoroughly professional performance from King with Waddell quite rightly saying that he's 'justified his inclusion' in the PL.

Edited by The Naitch

Mardle shouls just do the walk on and then walk off again and let someone play who will compete a bit better than that.

Another year in the Premier League with the inevitable bottom two finish.

King played quite well right enough but Mardle will get pumped by everyone playing like that.

King played quite well right enough but Mardle will get pumped by everyone playing like that.

We've seen Mardle play like that though. He did it against Walsh in the Players' and against Thornton in the WCs. As I said, if he tried to get the crowd behind him, it might have at least changed things a little. Not quite though.

I can't forsee anything other than another damp squid with these two guys.

EDIT : Jenkins has the highest checkout to this point with his 124. Cash prize for whoever gets it every week, but I can't remember how much exactly.

Och, get yerself tae feck.

Edited by DomDom

We've seen Mardle play like that though. He did it against Walsh in the Players' and against Thornton in the WCs. As I said, if he tried to get the crowd behind him, it might have at least changed things a little. Not quite though.

He shouldn't need the crowd to help improve his game. A largely mediocre player who's big chance came in the 2008 World's when he beat Taylor in the Quarters, only for him to blow it in the next round against one tournament wonder Kirk Shepherd.

EDIT: Should qualify that bit in bold. He's 'mediocre' relative to the hype that he gets and can, in fairness, be a handy player when he wants (regular QF appearances show that), but he's never won a TV tournament before and I don't think he ever will.

Edited by The Naitch

You've pretty much said what I said on the last page. :lol:

The darts are nice and steady from both men here. They're not setting the world alight or anything, but it's decent darts. You can't help but feel there's much more in the tank though.