Simon Whitlock 6-5 John Part

Gary Anderson 6-2 Wayne Jones

Alan Tabern 6-4 Peter Wright

Semi-Finals

Terry Jenkins 6-3 Simon Whitlock

Gary Anderson 6-3 Alan Tabern

Final

Gary Anderson 6-3 Terry Jenkins

Ando continues his good form... as does Part.

Edited by The Naitch

Gary Anderson has been flying since the World Championship and think he will win more majors, after his triumph in the Premier League of Darts and arguably the best line up off players yet.biggrin.gif

My favourite players are Gary "The flying Scotsman" Anderson and "Jackpot" Aidy Lewisbiggrin.gif

Both are masters of the 180

When they play want Anderson to win, as he is a Scot

Joined last week will there be a UK open prediction thread?

Gary Anderson has been flying since the World Championship and think he will win more majors, after his triumph in the Premier League of Darts and arguably the best line up off players yet.biggrin.gif

My favourite players are Gary "The flying Scotsman" Anderson and "Jackpot" Aidy Lewisbiggrin.gif

Both are masters of the 180

When they play want Anderson to win, as he is a Scot

Joined last week will there be a UK open prediction thread?

Good idea, maybe you could start one. Looking forward to the UK Open, Anderson will have gained a lot of confidence and really could win all if the majors. I'm hearing he's just lost to Alcinas in the players championships, but that won't matter and from now on he can prepare for Bolton!

I'll be supporting James Wade at the Open :D

Edited by Akpo Sodje

Good idea, maybe you could start one. Looking forward to the UK Open, Anderson will have gained a lot of confidence and really could win all if the majors. I'm hearing he's just lost to Alcinas in the players championships, but that won't matter and from now on he can prepare for Bolton!

I'll be supporting James Wade at the Open :D

James Wade is a great player as well,but is off the boil the now like Barney

Possible UK Open winners

Anderson

Lewis

Taylor

Terry Jenkins (Dark Horse To Win)

James Wade is a great player as well,but is off the boil the now like Barney

Possible UK Open winners

Anderson

Lewis

Taylor

Terry Jenkins (Dark Horse To Win)

Jenkins is great when the pressure is off, but he's been in 6 major finals IIRC and lost them all. With Ando and Lewis in particular in good form I can't see Terry causing too much trouble. If Wade is on his game he is a very possible winner and has won 6 majors already although as you say he's not playing well at the moment.

Jenkins is great when the pressure is off, but he's been in 6 major finals IIRC and lost them all. With Ando and Lewis in particular in good form I can't see Terry causing too much trouble. If Wade is on his game he is a very possible winner and has won 6 majors already although as you say he's not playing well at the moment.

True, Wade has won them all just about except the World Championship and ironically that is the only one Lewis has won biggrin.gif

Players' Championship (Crawley)

Fourth Round

Terry Jenkins 6-3 Darren Johnson

Mark Webster 6-3 Colin Lloyd

John Henderson 6-3 Ronnie Baxter

Scott Rand 6-3 Justin Pipe

Wes Newton 6-3 Kevin Painter

Vincent van der Voort 6-3 Magnus Caris

Paul Nicholson 6-3 Mark Walsh

Steve Brown 6-3 Steve Farmer

Quarter-Finals

Terry Jenkins 6-5 Mark Webster

Scott Rand 6-2 John Henderson

Wes Newton 6-4 Vincent van der Voort

Paul Nicholson 6-5 Steve Brown

Semi-Finals

Terry Jenkins 6-4 Scott Rand

Paul Nicholson 6-5 Wes Newton

Final

Paul Nicholson 6-3 Terry Jenkins

That's Nicho's second win of the season and he's picking up form in time for the UK Open. Good to see Jenkins progress as well, and good runs from Hendo, Scott Rand and Newton too.

The UK Open is really set up to be an awesome tournament as there is always a few players that emerge from the pack and make it to the latter stages, Mawson springs to mind who made the final the other year. Got to look at the likes of Nicholson, Newton, Van der Voort and Part as serious contenders for the UK Open as well going by how they are playing on the floor.

Nicholson won today's event beating Jenkins in the final.

Big Hendo near enough certain to qualify for the Matchplay now as well after today's run.

Nah, definetly not...

1) World Champs

2) World Matchplay

3) Grand Slam

4) World Grand Prix

5) UK Open

6) Premier League

Honourable mention to the PDC World Cup - loved the first one in December and the players seemed to really get into it (England apart).

Hmm I`d actually put the Premier League in third, certainly ahead of the Grand Slam, might have the Grand Prix & UK Open above the Grand Slam as well.

UK Open starts up tomorrow night and I can't wait. The first couple of rounds will be best of seven legs so that should increase the likelyhood of surprises.

Stuck 50p e/w (last of the great gamblers me) on Part at 66/1 and a quid each way on Newton at 50s. Van der voort is a decent shout at 66/1 too.

£2.50 e/w on Nicholson, VDV and Newton all at 66's.

£1 e/w on Caven 100's, Part 80's, Hylton 150's, Steve Brown 125's

50 p e/w on Scott Rand and Joe Cullen both at 300's.

Really looking forward to this event. With the open draw from the 3rd round and the even greater quality in the Open this year it's going to be awesome with plenty of shocks along the way.

I have placed bets with Boyle Sports....

Turner v Little : Match Betting Little, Tommy 2/1 Open

Pugh v Mardle : Match Betting Pugh, Darrin 7/4 Open

Petersen v White : Match Betting White, Stuart 11/8 Open

Suljovic v Walsh : Match Betting Suljovic, Mensur 4/9 Open (THE ONE BET WHICH I AM BETTING AGAINST A EMPLOYEE)

Maish v Perring : Match Betting Perring, Martin 15/8 Open

Monk v Murray : Match Betting Murray, Ryan 17/10 Open

Edited by Stuarty