Darts...

Sideshow

Can't see past Nicholson and Newton as definite newcomers. Jenkins and Webster definitely won't be in it. Nicholson can be a bit inconsistent sometimes, but he'll be in on entertainment factor alone. Wouldn't surprise me if Barney wasn't in it either next year, he looks a spent force.

Can't see past Nicholson and Newton as definite newcomers. Jenkins and Webster definitely won't be in it. Nicholson can be a bit inconsistent sometimes, but he'll be in on entertainment factor alone. Wouldn't surprise me if Barney wasn't in it either next year, he looks a spent force.

Barney sells tickets. Would Newton?

Can't see past Nicholson and Newton as definite newcomers.

Still time I suppose for someone to do a "Whitlock". Plenty of events left and a decent run at the next World Champs could get someone in. Think we need to see Nicholson competing on a consistent basis before he becomes a PL lock. Like him or loathe him he is box office.

All this PL talk is a bit premature.. if Newton and Nicholson are playing like this in six months time then they'll be definite contenders for a place. Either way it's gonna be an interesting few months on the darts circuit if these guys stay on form.

I totally forgot about the "Barney Army" factor. Terry Jenkins doesn't sell tickets, nor does Mark Webster, but they've been in it due to playing well in other tournaments. Newton deserves to be in ahead of them on the basis of that.

What's the criteria for qualification to the PL? I believe it's the to p 4 in the world and 4 picks.

Now I think it's the top 6 in the rankings and another 2

Edited by taurus

What's the criteria for qualification to the PL? I believe it's the to p 4 in the world and 4 picks.

Now I think it's the top 6 in the rankings and another 2

It's top four in the rankings, then four wildcards (Sky get two picks, PDC get two picks).

It's top four in the rankings, then four wildcards (Sky get two picks, PDC get two picks).

Naitch, when it 1st started wasn't it the top 9 with no wildcards? I seem to remember players getting a free week hence the odd number.

Naitch, when it 1st started wasn't it the top 9 with no wildcards? I seem to remember players getting a free week hence the odd number.

It was seven, and the odd one out played twice each match night. When they moved to eight it was top six in the rankings plus two wildcards.. now it's 4/4 so that PDC/Sky have better chance of getting in players they want to see.

It was seven, and the odd one out played twice each match night. When they moved to eight it was top six in the rankings plus two wildcards.. now it's 4/4 so that PDC/Sky have better chance of getting in players they want to see.

I remember the odd one out playing twice but wasn't that the year a player (Mardel I think ) went ill and didn't play after starting the comp?

Odds to win it outwright from skybet

James Wade 9/4

Mark Webster 9/2

Paul Nicholson 11/2

Wes Newton 13/2

Dave Chisnall 13/2

Robert Thornton 9/1

Mark Hylton 10/1

Denis Ovens 10/1

Nicholson must be worth a punt 11/2, if he beats wade i think he will win it