Darts...

Sideshow

The break couldn't have come at a better time for Barneveld there. f**k knows what happened to him after those first two legs. James Wade is slowly improving. I was a bit worried when he missed all of those darts at the double when he was miles ahead, but that's two legs he's put away quickly.

Just back from work to find I missed the greatest comeback in Matchplay history. Some going from Hamilton... for those who watched was it more down to Whitlock making a monumental arse of things or Hamilton turning on the style?

Okay, we are seeing some real fucking quality darts here. After the early breaks it's all going with the throw and we're now at Wade 8-7 Barney. An absolute stunner it's turning into as well.

And yeah, Whitlock made a royal arse of it. His scoring went tits up. Hamilton just kept doing what he was doing and has to be commended for that. Some guts he showed and fully deserves the praise he's going to get.

And yeah, Whitlock made a royal arse of it. His scoring went tits up. Hamilton just kept doing what he was doing and has to be commended for that. Some guts he showed and fully deserves the praise he's going to get.

Cheers Dom. That last break of throw of Wade has helped him open up a bit of a gap. Don't see Barney giving up just yet, though.

Someone not being able to get their head in the game doesn't make them a w**k. Jesus.

Anyways, Newton is looking VERY good against Taylor here. I've always maintained that if someone can get a lead over Taylor, he doesn't deal with it very well, so I reckon if he can just keep his cool in this match, he's going to go on and win.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot more darts just falling out the boards in this tournament than normal?,seemed to be a problem the other night too.

Yeah, that's been happening more than usual this week. The pundits reckon it's just down to heat in the Winter Gardens - it's like that every year, though, so I dunno...

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot more darts just falling out the boards in this tournament than normal

They always talk about how hot it is on the stage so I'm guessing that the humidity makes it a problem.

Someone not being able to get their head in the game doesn't make them a w**k. Jesus.

Fans pay good money to go and watch the darts. If Barney wants to throw darts at single 6 in a competitive quarter final and play half-arsed half the time then he is screwing these people out of money and is indeed a w**k. I realise he's had personal problems and I have sympathy with him on that but don't take the piss out of the fans who have shown him an incredible amount of support over the years and work hard to go to watch him play darts.

If Barney wants to throw darts at single 6 in a competitive quarter final and play half-arsed half the time then he is screwing these people out of money and is indeed a w**k.

You're talking as if he's just some kind of robot that doesn't let how a game is going get into his head. When that happens then it's very hard to play right. And it's not as if he was actually just throwing darts at the board for fun this time around. He was going up and taking his time and trying to find his groove, but when it's going wrong, as I say, it's nearly impossible and the lower the confidence gets, the worse the darts get, no matter how hard you try to turn it around.

As for Newton vs. Taylor, as much as I find Taylor to be soul destroying at times, when he plays like this I love watching him. We just don't see this more highlightish version of him often enough. Maybe Newton has dragged it out of him.

You're talking as if he's just some kind of robot that doesn't let how a game is going get into his head. When that happens then it's very hard to play right. And it's not as if he was actually just throwing darts at the board for fun this time around. He was going up and taking his time and trying to find his groove, but when it's going wrong, as I say, it's nearly impossible and the lower the confidence gets, the worse the darts get, no matter how hard you try to turn it around.

It was purposefully thrown away in disgust, he barely drew his arm back at all and had almost started walking to the board.

He lost to the man I think is the best in the world and there is no shame in that and it's fair enough to be frustrated. What I take issue with is him ripping the pish out of the fans by deciding when he can be arsed to throw a dart or try his best. It's quite similar to O'Sullivan at times in the snooker IMO.