Wayne Jones gets a bye over Ronnie Baxter who retires

Phil Taylor 6-3 Michael Van Gerwen

Vincent Van Der Voort 6-0 Colin Osbourne

Adrian Lewis 6-2 Alan Tabern

Denis Ovens 6-5 Wayne Jones

Phil Taylor 6-1 Vincent Van Der Voort

Adrian Lewis 6-1 Denis Ovens

Phil Taylor 6-0 Adrian Lewis

Mark Webster went out first round in a 6-1 loss to Mark Webster. No sign of Gary Anderson on this tournament though.

How did Webster beat himself 6-1? That's quite impressive :P

Taylor on course to win again today as he in the semi's against Kevin Painter. Lewis and Tabern in the other semi so could be a repeat final.

Mark Webster went out first round in a 6-1 loss to Mark Webster. No sign of Gary Anderson on this tournament though.

He's not due to make his debut for another three weeks yet.

Taylor and Lewis continuing to do well today - they've both reached the semi-finals , with Lewis 4-1 up on Alan Tabern at the moment.

How did Webster beat himself 6-1? That's quite impressive

Shite.

Can't remember who put him out now. It was a decent name though. Jenkins did him 6-2 in the second round for the one that's still going.

I've come up with an interesting ranking system to see how people are doing over the course of the year. Since there is some names in the top spots that don't deserve to be there, I'm doing my own and this is how it's done.

1 point for a last 16 place

2 points for a quarter final place

3 points for a semi

4 points for a final

5 points for WINNING

I've counted seven tourneys so far, including today's, into this.

Guest Berwick till i die
GERMAN DARTS CLASSIC

Phil Taylor 6-0 Steve Beaton

Michael Van Gerwen 6-3 Andy Hamilton

Colin Osbourne 6-4 Co Stompe

Vincent Van Der Voort 6-4 Kevin McDine

Alan Tabern 6-1 Peter Manley

Adrian Lewis 6-4 Wes Newton

Denis Ovens 6-1 Peter Wright

Wayne Jones gets a bye over Ronnie Baxter who retires

Phil Taylor 6-3 Michael Van Gerwen

Vincent Van Der Voort 6-0 Colin Osbourne

Adrian Lewis 6-2 Alan Tabern

Denis Ovens 6-5 Wayne Jones

Phil Taylor 6-1 Vincent Van Der Voort

Adrian Lewis 6-1 Denis Ovens

Phil Taylor 6-0 Adrian Lewis

Is this been televised? The way things are going for Manley he will drop out of the top 32 by the end of the year as 6-1 in the first round is a poor result for him and sadly it's happening to often for him. Good win for Van Gerwen in the first round and it sounds like he did didn't embarrass himself against Taylor so hopefully this is a sign of him getting some form at last.

Manley has been in the last 16 in most of the tournaments. If he can keep that up, he'll stay in the top 32.

That wasn't first round. It was the last 16.

GLADBECK 01/03/2009

Phil Taylor 6-2 Steve Beaton

Kevin Painter 6-0 Jelle Klaasen

Kevin McDine 6-4 Toon Greebe

Alan Tabern 6-3 Peter Manley

Steve Maish 6-4 Co Stompe

Robert Thornton 6-5 Vincent Van Der Voort

Adrian Lewis 6-1 Adrian Gray

Matt Clark 6-2 Andy Hamilton

Kevin Painter 6-3 Kevin McDine

Adrian Lewis 6-4 Robert Thornton

Alan Tabern 6-3 Steve Maish

Phil Taylor 6-2 Matt Clark

Adrian Lewis 6-4 Alan Tabern

Phil Taylor 6-5 Kevin Painter

Phil Taylor 6-1 Adrian Lewis

Edited by DomDom

Premier League week 5 is coming up ...

JELLE KLAASEN vs. JAMES WADE

If Klaasen brings the same kind of game he took to King then he might stand a chance. Wade has been on fire the last couple of weeks. Averages of of 107.77 ( highest in the PL this year ) and 105.35 only cement that face. I can see this being a good match as Jelle didn't have the worst of weekends over in Germany. I can't see Wade having a step down though. Wade to win.

PHIL TAYLOR vs. MERVYN KING

King is probably a bit peeved right now. Taylor would appear to have been given a wee kick up the arse by his defeat to Wade last week. Not that I'm ruling out a win for King. To do that would be idiocy of the highest order. I can see a draw coming out of this game.

WAYNE MARDLE vs. RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD

Only one outcome here. Barney had a terrific outing against The Bull last week. Mardle shows up too inconsistantly to even guess what's going to happen here. However, Barney is a class above when he's on his game. I can see a comfy win for Barney.

JOHN PART vs. TERRY JENKINS

John Part has been unspectacular, but very steady, much like the guy he's playing. However, Jenkins is a wee bit better than the Canadian and that's going to make all of the difference here. A win for The Bull.

Guest Berwick till i die
Premier League week 5 is coming up ...

JELLE KLAASEN vs. JAMES WADE

If Klaasen brings the same kind of game he took to King then he might stand a chance. Wade has been on fire the last couple of weeks. Averages of of 107.77 ( highest in the PL this year ) and 105.35 only cement that face. I can see this being a good match as Jelle didn't have the worst of weekends over in Germany. I can't see Wade having a step down though. Wade to win.

PHIL TAYLOR vs. MERVYN KING

King is probably a bit peeved right now. Taylor would appear to have been given a wee kick up the arse by his defeat to Wade last week. Not that I'm ruling out a win for King. To do that would be idiocy of the highest order. I can see a draw coming out of this game.

WAYNE MARDLE vs. RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD

Only one outcome here. Barney had a terrific outing against The Bull last week. Mardle shows up too inconsistantly to even guess what's going to happen here. However, Barney is a class above when he's on his game. I can see a comfy win for Barney.

JOHN PART vs. TERRY JENKINS

John Part has been unspectacular, but very steady, much like the guy he's playing. However, Jenkins is a wee bit better than the Canadian and that's going to make all of the difference here. A win for The Bull.

Wade to win the first match as he's back and focused again helped probably by playing Barney and Taylor the last 2 weeks because if he hadn't of played them then I still think he would be struggling but playing the big two took the pressure of him slightly which helped and now he will be confident and fired up again and will win 8-2.

Taylor to win as he will be angry from last week which is when Taylor usually responds and Kings run has to end some time and also King try's to hard against Taylor which affects his game so an 8-3 Taylor win.

Barney to beat Mardle 8-4 because Barney looked great last week and if he brings that game then Mardle doesn't stand much chance his only hope is Barney misses his doubles and he takes his chances.

Last game will end in a draw as both guys are of a similar standard and if they both bring their top game then it will be match of the night in my opinion.

Taylor to win as he will be angry from last week which is when Taylor usually responds and Kings run has to end some time and also King try's to hard against Taylor which affects his game so an 8-3 Taylor win.

Will the anger be a hinderance when considering the nerves that he has shown ? He'll definately be more determined, but that might not be much of a good thing for him. It might even add to the pressure that he was quite clearly feeling.

Barney to beat Mardle 8-4 because Barney looked great last week and if he brings that game then Mardle doesn't stand much chance his only hope is Barney misses his doubles and he takes his chances.

I don't think it'll be as close as 8-4.

Last game will end in a draw as both guys are of a similar standard and if they both bring their top game then it will be match of the night in my opinion.

If both guys bring their top game, Jenkins will take it. You have to remember that Part's top game nowadays isn't the best. It's definately steady, but he'll need more than that to take an on form Jenkins out.

Nice card tonight. Wade and Klaasen to kick it off should be free flowing and big scores.

Taylor I think will do King but if King even gets a draw then he could very well be the real deal and a serious contendor to win the PL.

Barney looked superb last week and should beat Mardle but I don't think it will be another 8-1, I reckon Mardle can take 4 legs off him.

Jenkins and Part has "solid game" written all over it but Jenkins has been desperately unlucky not to have won a game yet and I reckon it will be tonight.

Went for a trixie for tonight. 8-4 for Wade, Barney and Jenkins.

Cheers, ma dear. Now ...

JELLE KLAASEN 6-8 JAMES WADE

Over 40 Checkouts

The Matador : 72, 167

The Machine : 170, 66, 120

NOTES

* w00t ! We're on.

* Wade got the 170 ?!?! Awesome.

* Klaasen looks like he thought he was lucky there. A mixture of the facial reaction and clenched fist showing that.

* Klaasen is looking decent in this match, much like he did in the last match. James Wade is brilliant too. Class stuff.

* TAKE THAT !!!

* Some unbelievable finishing going on here. World class darts from both men. Say what you want about Klaasen. I sure have. But he has provided some entertainment in the last couple of weeks.

* They nearly kept that up as Wade went for the 140 finish and was soooooo close.

* This is beyond awesome in the last leg as these two guys are determined to get that last leg, but Wade with the opening and Klaasen gets a 100.

* Time to commentate on this baby. Wade on 121. He gets the treble 17 but JUST missed the bull and Klaasen steps up. 19s miss. 12 for the bull. He hits the 25 as well and now we're on 25 each. Wade wins 8-6 in a really good match.

PHIL TAYLOR 7-7 MERVYN KING

Over 40 Checkouts

The Power : 41, 49, 80

The King : 130, 80, 112, 90, 121

180s

The Power : 6

The King : 7

NOTES

* No point doing 180 count for the first match as I had no idea about the first section of the match.

* I despise that drum roll that they insist on doing.

* The crowd are going to be incredibly partizan in the favour of Taylor here. The all singing, all dancing crowd are going mental. In the surprise of the century, Sid is doing commentary.

* Mervyn King off to a horribly shaky start. Are the nerves getting to him ? The first dart is dropping short every single time.

* Come on King ! He's simply not doing any damage to Taylor, and that's going to help Taylor big time if he's still feeling nervous. The darts fall short of the treble line yet again.

* An opening for King and he decides all of a sudden to take the first 180 of the match.

* King is beginning to look more steady now, as the darts are going higher. Then again, he starts to drop short as soon as I say that. Always happens to me.

* Mervyn King brought Phil Taylor into that leg there to go 3-1 down, and that really shouldn't be the score.

* I can't shake the impression that Mervyn King is very far from being out of this. He had bad legs to allow Taylor an easy ride of things. King being his normal self would be winning this match.

* What did I say ? Big darts from King right out of the break. He knows what he has to do and he's not beyond doing it.

* GAME ON !!!

* Mervyn King just won't stay down Phil. Take the point and go home. :D

* Whyte and Mackay ... get in !

* FUCKING HELL !!! KING IS PLAYING ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !!!

RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD 7-7 WAYNE MARDLE

Over 40 Checkouts

Barney : 112

Hawaii 501 : 116, 90, 78, 121, 86

180s

Barney : 1

Hawaii 501 : 1

NOTES

* I'll say this every week. Why is there a w****r in American Football gear ? That wasn't what I was gonna say. What I WAS gonna say is that I still love Mardle's music.

* Wayne Mardle is playing exactly how he HAS been playing this year in the PL and Barney is just as solid as a rock at the moment, merely doing what has to be done in order to win.

* I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has noticed that look Barney gets on his face when he's dropping in confidence a bit on the throw.

* Wayne Mardle is having one of those nights where he simply will not miss. In a disappointing stat, there hasn't been a single 180 in this match.

* Anyone else thinking that Mardle should shift a wee bit to the right to throw his darts ?

* Mardle's had a wee bit of a step up, but Barney is just doing what he was doing and keeping things steady. It's unclear whether Barney is doing enough to win this match though.

* Wayne Mardle should be very happy with the way he has played tonight. Some great finishing and better scoring after the break.

JOHN PART 8-5 TERRY JENKINS

Over 40 Checkouts

Darth Maple : 60, 127

The Bull : 81, 83, 84, 77

180s

Darth Maple : 1

The Bull : 1

Edited by DomDom