Darts...

Sideshow

Some really promising 1st Round matches at the Worlds to look forward to. Incidentally Whitlock has pulled out of the Players' Championship Finals so we have a revised draw...

Justin Pipe (1) v John Henderson (32)

Mark Webster (16) v Steve Beaton (17)

Vincent van der Voort ( 8 ) v Co Stompe (25)

Dave Chisnall (9) v Alan Tabern (24)

John Part (5) v Wayne Jones (28)

Mark Walsh (12) v Mark Hylton (21)

Wes Newton (4) v Richie Burnett (29)

Peter Wright (13) v Denis Ovens (20)

Gary Anderson (2) v Michael van Gerwen (31)

Colin Osborne (15) v Kevin Painter (18)

Phil Taylor (7) v Terry Jenkins (26)

Mervyn King (10) v Colin Lloyd (23)

Ronnie Baxter (6) v Raymond van Barneveld (27)

Jamie Caven (11) v Scott Rand (22)

Paul Nicholson (3) v Steve Brown (30)

James Wade (14) v Andy Smith (19)

Edited by The Naitch

The Wizard must be toiling for Ally Pally surely?

Barney could well be in trouble in the first round James Richardson has been fantastic on the floor and if Barney's head isn't right, which it never is these days, he will go home early doors.

The Wizard must be toiling for Ally Pally surely?

Barney could well be in trouble in the first round James Richardson has been fantastic on the floor and if Barney's head isn't right, which it never is these days, he will go home early doors.

Aye, you could be right with Barney.

I think they'll give Whitlock as much time as possible to recover so I'd expect his 1st round match to be on December 21st which is the last night of action before the 2nd round gets under way.

Just a few days away from now the beginning of an incredible month of darts! And I agree with DomDom, the draw for the Players Championship Finals is a lot better balanced now since the withdrawals.

I'm glad Priestley seems to be out of things completely. All that ever happens is we wind up seeing a saddening performance from him at some point. I'd rather never watch him again.

I do see where you're coming from, but I'm stil dissapointed that he won't be there. However, if 2011 was indeed Priestley's last World Championship appearance, then he ended it on a high with a fantastic performance against Gary Anderson in the 2nd round.

Lumped on baxter at 6/4 v barney tomorrow.

Noticed the world cup of darts is in germany this year,with the thorn being out of the game for a few months Peter Wright is ahead of him in the rankings.The thorn will be back for the world champs and there is only a grand between them so will be close to see who gets to represent scotland with Anderson.

Aye what a load of cock if Wright gets in, decent player but about as Scottish as Mensur Suljovic.

FTY I wouldn't be 'lumping' on anyone over such a short format but Barney is obviously there for the taking whoever he is playing these days.

You have to wonder whose idea it was to hold this event in Doncaster, fucking Doncaster. Theres about 30 people there.

They were doing two for the price of one tickets for tonight's session. Not exactly caught the imagination of the locals.

It was the same last year at the Doncaster Dome in the early rounds but it will pick up over the weekend which will be sell outs I would have thought. One good thing is it might let the players show their floor form on TV as the atmosphere must be similar to a floor event ie. pretty deed!

This game would certainly hint towards that it's good stuff.