Darts...

Sideshow

Dudbridge apparently has a shoulder problem as well.

I'm on Jones here at 11/8 and Lloyd is certainly there for the taking if only Jones could finish. Took out the D18 there to bring it back to 3-2 so hopefully he is over his double trouble.

He's not really showing the effects of it - giving King a really good game here.

Can't make it to the glamour friendly against FC Unirea so will console myself with a cracking night of darts. Here's how they line up and how I think they'll go...

Kevin Painter 10-5 Wes Newton

Colin Osborne 10-7 Steve Beaton

Phil Taylor 10-3 Robert Thornton

Wayne Mardle 12-10 Tony Eccles

Can't make it to the glamour friendly against FC Unirea so will console myself with a cracking night of darts. Here's how they line up and how I think they'll go...

Kevin Painter 10-5 Wes Newton

Colin Osborne 10-7 Steve Beaton

Phil Taylor 10-3 Robert Thornton

Wayne Mardle 12-10 Tony Eccles

While Robert Thornton has been playing crap lately, but is very capable of giving Taylor a fair go, it wouldn't surprise me if he won 1 or no legs at all. I expect all the seeds to go through tonight. Even Mardle.

I hope Thornton makes a game of it but in reality Taylor could take him 10-0 the way both have been playing on TV. Was reading a bit on another forum that Thornton has picked up recently in a few events but you can't see past a comfortable Power victory here.

Waiting on Osborne tonight and Anderson/Klaassen tomorrow for a first round acca which started with Lewis last night.

No bets tonight but I quite fancy Eccles, who is even money, against Mardle. So long as he doesn't swallow his darts with that really strange throw!

Another couple of points.

Kevin Painter is a really likeable player and comes across really well on interviews.

Hells Bells is looking fucking tidy.

Yep, he does indeed. He's packing plenty of ability as well, should have reached more TV finals than he has.

Osborne clinical as ever so far against The Adonis, don't hold out much hope now for the former World Champ.

Yep, he does indeed. He's packing plenty of ability as well, should have reached more TV finals than he has.

Osborne clinical as ever so far against The Adonis, don't hold out much hope now for the former World Champ.

So glad to be proven wrong. Beaton is 5-4 up after a bull checkout breaks the throw. :D

Frankly stunningly consistent scoring from Beaton throughout the match, pity his doubling hasn't matched up to it. Still, he's now on the hill and throwing for the match.

EDIT: He then starts the next leg with a 41... :lol:

Edited by The Naitch

Although it's fucked my bet it's good to see Beaton playing well. He was hitting the treble so sweetly but the doubling was pretty awful.

No reason why he can't take out King in the next round though?

Great showing from Steve Beaton, good to see that he's transferred his consistent floor tournament form to the telly.

Two 1st round exits in a row for Osborne now, lot of thinking time for him between now and the next major in October.

Sadly for the rest of the field I can't see the Power playing that badly again in the tournament that's the worst I've seen him for a while.

He was there for the taking tonight just a pity his opponent was hopeless.

Going to miss most of tonight's action thanks to work, so here's my early bird predictions...

Andy Hamilton 8-10 Gary Anderson

John Part 10-6 Vincent van der Voort

James Wade 10-5 Jamie Caven

Ronnie Baxter 10-7 Jelle Klaasen

Sadly for the rest of the field I can't see the Power playing that badly again in the tournament that's the worst I've seen him for a while.

He was there for the taking tonight just a pity his opponent was hopeless.

Got that right. Scoring from Thornton was fine but his finishing was a joke. In the last leg he had a chance to break throw for 5-9 and who knows. However, with 80 on the board and three darts in his hand he hit 1 with the first....simply pathetic.

I can see Thornton slipping well down the rankings ala Manley if he doesn't get his act together as there are loads of other players now coming through who are playing far better than him. Shame really as what he done in his first year was fantastic.

Looking forward to tonight's action with some tasty games as usual. I hope Caven can put on another decent performance and if it's not the real James Wade that turns up then who knows? 5/1 could be worth a nibble on Caven.