Darts...

Sideshow

Clearly that's where Colin Osborne got his inspiration from. Had no idea that Harrington was the original 'man of many sports'.

The helmet doesn't represent a sport, he just has to wear it when he ventures outdoors. Osborne should take a leaf out of Rodneys book and Buy a helmet.

I think I've still got that driver....and I definitely had those shorts at one time....

I think everything in that photo is straight out the Donnay shop....

Lloyd's in control of this one now - he's been the more consistent of the two during the match and that's going to be enough to see him through I think.

He has turned it around to his credit. 2-0 down in the second set, it really could have been curtains. But he has shown glimpses of class, and that should be enough to see him through to Round 2...

Fantastic final set from both players, but particularly from Colin Lloyd who held his nerve towards the end there.

A very good match, and all credit to Lloyd for upping his game there when it mattered, when in the past he may have thrown in the towel.

See you next year Big Daddy....

There's something I find addictive about post-midnight darts. No matter how bad the game is, it's a necessity to watch....

I'm with you on that one. It looks like Whitlock is in decent form here, so it might not last for much longer anyway.

Indeed, which raises the all-important question. Why have Dennis and John still not got murals on the wall!

I think the best years of Dennis came just before the revamp of darts and after the first boom if you will, so as a result he wasn't a favourite to the masses but amongst the darts fraternity is a quality player,always has been, does quite well in the championship darts online so making an okay living at it still.

I think the best years of Dennis came just before the revamp of darts and after the first boom if you will, so as a result he wasn't a favourite to the masses but amongst the darts fraternity is a quality player,always has been, does quite well in the championship darts online so making an okay living at it still.

Yeah, it's fair to say Dennis' period was from 1990-2000, in between the two most popular periods for darts. In the 1980s, and in the last five or six years. Perhaps had he defeated Taylor in more of those finals of the 90s, then he'd be on a slightly higher pedestal, but Priestley is without question amongst a small quota of players who truly are legends.