Rugby Union

kiwififer

That was glorious, I was behind the goal we were attacking in the second half, those intercept tries were fantastic. I assume the ref had a chance to review his first half performance, because he seemed to give us a lot more in the second half. That fat prop getting sent off two mins after coming on was my personal highlight.

Still an incredibly tough ask to qualify with this group (surely they need to look at expansion or a round for runners up or something?) but a great performance. I'd have probably given Pyrgios the man of the match award to be honest but Sarto was good too. 

Not really. We will win all home games, one with bonus point. Pick up 1 away victory and a losing away bonus point.... we qualify

That was glorious, I was behind the goal we were attacking in the second half, those intercept tries were fantastic. I assume the ref had a chance to review his first half performance, because he seemed to give us a lot more in the second half. That fat prop getting sent off two mins after coming on was my personal highlight.

That's where I'm sat as well, cracking atmosphere in that stand considering rugby crowds can be a bit stale sometimes.

Absolutely outstanding performance. To dominate the breakdown and scrum like we did, against Leicester of all sides, is some achievement. Had a horrible feeling when they went 10-3 up, especially as we've been misfiring a bit in the last couple of games, so the final score is all the more sweet.

They're 12 should have seen red, it was a very similar tackle that saw Sam Warburton dismissed in the 2011 WC which met a lot of criticism at the time. It was, however, by the book the correct decision despite the nauseating Welsh whining. As soon as the ball carrier is intentionally tipped above waist height, the referee is obliged to produce the red card.

That's where I'm sat as well, cracking atmosphere in that stand considering rugby crowds can be a bit stale sometimes.

Absolutely outstanding performance. To dominate the breakdown and scrum like we did, against Leicester of all sides, is some achievement. Had a horrible feeling when they went 10-3 up, especially as we've been misfiring a bit in the last couple of games, so the final score is all the more sweet.

They're 12 should have seen red, it was a very similar tackle that saw Sam Warburton dismissed in the 2011 WC which met a lot of criticism at the time. It was, however, by the book the correct decision despite the nauseating Welsh whining. As soon as the ball carrier is intentionally tipped above waist height, the referee is obliged to produce the red card.

It is all about the landing now (unless the player is driven to the ground). All I have seen of the game is this clip http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/bbarry/matt-toomua-tackle-finn-russell/ and Russell protection himself so he doesn't land on his head/neck has allowed the ref/TMO to only show the yellow (but IMO it should of been a red)

3 hours ago, ajwffc said:

It is all about the landing now (unless the player is driven to the ground). All I have seen of the game is this clip http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/bbarry/matt-toomua-tackle-finn-russell/ and Russell protection himself so he doesn't land on his head/neck has allowed the ref/TMO to only show the yellow (but IMO it should of been a red)

They are supposed to ignore any protective action by the player being tackled eg Russell putting his arm out. It should have been a red, and I'd be surprised if Toomua doesn'tpick up a week or two in the stand.

They are supposed to ignore any protective action by the player being tackled eg Russell putting his arm out. It should have been a red, and I'd be surprised if Toomua doesn'tpick up a week or two in the stand.

Especially considering that ludicrous retrospective red card n ban finn got against Wales.

The problem is different refs will interpret it different. Not sure on who the ref was(apart from being French) but I reckon if it was one of top international refs a red card would of been shown

The problem is different refs will interpret it different. Not sure on who the ref was(apart from being French) but I reckon if it was one of top international refs a red card would of been shown

In all honesty I think the ref just shat it. It was early in the game, against the bigger team. I genuinely think if it had been a Glasgow player, or it had happened in the 63rd, rather than the 13th minute he would have sent him off.

Anyway, in all honesty I'm glad he didn't in a way, as the red card would have been the excuse for the beating we doled out. No excuses today.