Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Amazing how often it's "just a rugby collision" for Nigel when a Glasgow player gets injured. That was shoulder and forearm to head.

I'd also like to refer you to the end of the first half when the ball was put into the scrum successfully and George Horne nicked it and would have made it 26-5...but, no, the ball 'didn't go in'...

Owens is past it.

1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I'd also like to refer you to the end of the first half when the ball was put into the scrum successfully and George Horne nicked it and would have made it 26-5...but, no, the ball 'didn't go in'...

Owens is past it.

"Came straight out" was the call IIRC. Which it couldn't possibly have done given it went trhough the wing forward as it came out.

I don't think he's past it, he's rarely been good when he's reffed Glasgow. That's not a "he's against us", it's a "he clearly can't be arsed" any time he refs when it's not a "big game".

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:
23 hours ago, ajwffc said:
From what information i can find online  Edinburgh Rugby has a player budget of £4.8m, while Glasgow Warriors operates on approximately £5.1 million. The Irish sides have a player budget of about £7m each the Welsh are about £5m each (Dragons are lower than the other 3)

Seen a fair bit of sniping between Glasgow and Edinburgh fans the last few days. I know Glasgow fans pay more, does anyone have the current figures for both teams? Why the disparity? Is it down to Glasgow having to pay to use Scotstoun?

This season the playing budget for Glasgow is reported to be £6.5m and £6m for Edinburgh.