Rugby Union

kiwififer

Not the easiest place to get to. Living in Falkirk I'm glad I'm a Warriors fan in that respect. The 1872 games will still be at Murrayfield though I'd think.

The move does not happen until after the Warriors game.

Where you get your tickets?

I've got a Glasgow season ticket so got first dibs on them, if you're a regular purchaser of tickets you might have been emailed a link. Tickets on general sale tomorrow I think.

I've got a Glasgow season ticket so got first dibs on them, if you're a regular purchaser of tickets you might have been emailed a link. Tickets on general sale tomorrow I think.

Cheers. Will that be through ticket master? I'm actually in tip that weekend visiting relatives so may head up to Galway

Cheers. Will that be through ticket master? I'm actually in tip that weekend visiting relatives so may head up to Galway

It's on Connacht's own ticketing website. Remaining tickets are on public sale tomorrow at 9am, can't imagine there will be too many left though so you might need to be quick.

Edinburgh are planning to move to Myreside in January and stay there till at least the end of the 2017/18 pro 12

Saw that....surely meggetland is a better option? Used it when murrayfield was out of commission and it was a good facility with good atmosphere....easier for transport too... Edited by dogmc

Saw that....surely meggetland is a better option? Used it when murrayfield was out of commission and it was a good facility with good atmosphere....easier for transport too...

Meggetland has a capacity of 3000 and Edinburgh highest attendance not including the Warriors game is just bellow the 5000 mark and i am not sure they have the space to expand it. Watsonians/ George Watson's College are planing on upgrading Myreside so were possibly easier to deal with than \Edinburgh Leisure? Also the Lothian Buses 38(west granton - royal infirmary) stops right outside the ground  and the 45 (Heriot-Watt uni - Queen Margret Uni)  ) stops round the corner 

Meggetland has a capacity of 3000 and Edinburgh highest attendance not including the Warriors game is just bellow the 5000 mark and i am not sure they have the space to expand it. Watsonians/ George Watson's College are planing on upgrading Myreside so were possibly easier to deal with than \Edinburgh Leisure? Also the Lothian Buses 38(west granton - royal infirmary) stops right outside the ground and the 45 (Heriot-Watt uni - Queen Margret Uni) ) stops round the corner

Fair dos....either way getting shot of murrayfield is a real positive. I felt they played better in the meggetland games with a more intense atmosphere. Scottish rugby in common sense decision shocker!

May 2017 is when the draw gets made for Japan 2019.  The summer and autumn tests this year, followed by next year's 6 Nations are important for getting up the rankings and into a good pool for the draw.

Also, Sean Lamont is signing for Glasgow for another year.  Fantastic servant but at 35 then surely they must be looking at a coaching role for him now?

May 2017 is when the draw gets made for Japan 2019. The summer and autumn tests this year, followed by next year's 6 Nations are important for getting up the rankings and into a good pool for the draw.

Also, Sean Lamont is signing for Glasgow for another year. Fantastic servant but at 35 then surely they must be looking at a coaching role for him now?

He will be handy for 6n but yeah has a lot to offer potentially on the coaching side. Been a fantastic servant to scottish rugby.

The Edinburgh stadium situation;

LETTER FROM EDINBURGH RUGBY

Dear Supporters,

I wanted to write to you directly to let you know about some exciting news for Edinburgh Rugby.

There’s been much debate over the years about where we should play our home matches. While BT Murrayfield is a fantastic facility in lots of ways, we’re all aware its size can be a challenge in creating the matchday atmosphere and experience we want for our supporters.

We want to find a ground where we can build a better club feeling and have been exploring other options in the city over the past six months.

I’m delighted to be able to confirm that we will be moving to Myreside – George Watson’s College and Watsonians ground – on a trial basis, from January of 2017 through to the end of the season, where we’ll be playing all of our Guinness PRO12 and EPCR Challenge Cup matches.

Myreside is a venue that Edinburgh Rugby know well. For over 100 years Edinburgh sides have played occasional matches at the ground, from a meeting v Paris in 1898 to fixtures against international touring teams and, more recently, against Ospreys in the league in February 2015. The ground has a significant rugby heritage in the city and we are really looking forward to going there.

From now until January, we’ll be working hard to enhance the existing facilities there to make it a cracking place to come and watch Edinburgh play.

If this trial period is successful, then we intend to enter into a longer term partnership with George Watson’s College that would see us playing there full time from the beginning of season 2017/18.

The most important thing to emphasise to you, however, is that this letter starts the process of making sure you are right at the heart of this project by inviting you to get involved in the ongoing consultation.

I want to get a real understanding of your views, ideas and concerns, so that they can be properly addressed before we play our first match there.

George Watson’s College are as keen as we are to make this proposal work and enter into a longer-term partnership.

You’ll be hearing regularly from us as we move forward through the next few months filling in all the detail, from ticketing to facilities, behind the project.

Over the next few weeks we will be hosting open sessions where you can come along to BT Murrayfield, ask questions and find out all the information you need. We will send out dates for your diaries in due course, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Personally, I’m really excited by the prospect. I understand it’s a big move, but I’m confident that this is the right thing for the club. Let me know your thoughts as you join us on the journey.

Kind Regards,

Jonny Petrie

Edinburgh Rugby Managing Director

Seems fair enough to me.

But I've seen a lot of moaning on Facebook, mostly about getting there. Hardly surprising as Edinburgh rugby fans are horrendous for moaning! (See! I just did it there)

Isn't it about 20 / 30 mins walk from Haymarket?

Scotland 7s getting thoroughly telt off the Fijians in Paris tourney. Doesn't help that Nakarawa is playing but huge gap in skills physique and pace.

It's a shambles that decent resources are wasted on the incompetent sevens side.