Rugby Union

kiwififer

And now onto Edinburgh!

What actually was the injury that Russell had?

Was a head clash...not sure it was a fracture but it was certainly a bad concussion. Were doubts he'd even play again. Connacht fans were very classy with the ovation they gave him

5 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

And now onto Edinburgh!

What actually was the injury that Russell had?

Fractured eye socket and severe concussion were named as being part of his injuries "amongst others".

Good start for Edinburgh. Shame there is no red button commentary - I'd far rather listen to Hugh Dan McLennan talking pish in Gaelic than John Beattie in English.

Fractured eye socket and severe concussion were named as being part of his injuries "amongst others".

Good start for Edinburgh. Shame there is no red button commentary - I'd far rather listen to Hugh Dan McLennan talking pish in Gaelic than John Beattie in English.

Hugh Dan is a top lad. At least it's not Scott hastings. John lacey hates scottish teams.

To answer an earlier query, Connacht just had one pre-season game vs Montpellier. 

However, we were brilliant in the 2nd half and deserved the bp win. We rode our luck in the 1st half as our scrums really weren't great, our penalty count was a tad high and Wilson COULD have saw red instead of yellow. The management team obviously kicked a few arses at the break which worked.

I saw the Edinburgh game afterwards. They have a great front row but little else tbh. They were ok 1st half but horrendous 2nd half. If the move to Myreside in Jan doesn't fix the results then Solomons COULD be given the 'old heave-ho' at the end of the season imho.

I agree that Scotland were a tad turgid over in Japan in June but no real rest since the pre-WC training camps started could well do that. However, they ground out the wins which was important.

If Joe Schmidt has indeed ruled himself out then the Lions coach will only be between Eddie Jones and Warren Gatland imo. Toony has said that he'll be focusing on Scotland's tour of Oz in June next year. I know Gatland won as coach in 2013 but he shouldn't be guaranteed it this time. A 3-0 series defeat with Wales over there in June plus a hiding from the Chiefs is hardly ideal prep lol.

Edited by come on shire

20 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Do you think Wilson was a red? I was surprised they were considering it. I thought it was late and a fully justified yellow but I thought he was committed and the tackle was fine under normal circumstance. 

There is no way it was a red. In fact, the only people who seem to think it was were Tom English, the Irish commentator on Sky and the usual teary Facebook posts that happen everytime Glasgow beat an Irish team. I'm not convinced it would have even been a yellow in every game.