Like San Marino?

Ric

Ok, so it was all talk and probably badly translated from the Spanish, but Reyes has been (mis?)quoted as saying we are just like San Marino. Long ball game with a physical presence.

Discuss...

Think this might be a mis-quote as well. Either that or mis-pre-conceived (if that's a word!) idea about how we play. Although it wouldn't surprise me for Berti to play McFadden and Dickov up front and then get Gary Holt to play the long ball into them from right-back :lol:

Gary Holt at right back!

...sorry I really should just put this in my sig!

I do think it's a misquote, perhaps saying he expects it to be played in a similar style as San Marino, or maybe it is just typical rank journalism and was never said at all.

No matter who your opponents are, you never go out of the way to annoy or insult them. Why give that team the extra motivation?

It doesn't sit well with me that Scotland players need anyone to fire them up.

If indeed these so called professionals need Vogts,Burns or insulting(to san marino) comments from opponents to get the fire into their bellies to represent Scotland I'd drop every one of them and play the entire under 21 squad who at least seem to give a fuk.WE SHOULD STOP BLAMING EVEYTHING ON VOGTS AND ASK THESE PLAYERS TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED FOR THEIR COUNTRY.

It doesn't sit well with me that Scotland players need anyone to fire them up.

If indeed these so called professionals need Vogts,Burns or insulting(to san marino) comments from opponents to get the fire into their bellies to represent Scotland I'd drop every one of them and play the entire under 21 squad who at least seem to give a fuk.WE SHOULD STOP BLAMING EVEYTHING ON VOGTS AND ASK THESE PLAYERS TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED FOR THEIR COUNTRY.

I agree that all players selected for Scotland should feel proud to wear the jersey and that should be enough to fire them up. However, part of the job of any manager is to get his side mentally prepared for a game. Berti's been quoted saying that he doesn't expect to beat Spain tonight :( How, in any way, can that be seen as good preparation for an international match. The players already have an excuse if we get beat tonight. :huh:

Vogts is in the papers today saying how the players gave up after the second Hungary goal went in. His response to them after the game was "Hey, don't do that again." Really inspiring ! :angry: Imagine Strachan or Smith or Souness or Graham or me or you or any Scotsman in his position if he thought that his players had given up. The dressing room would be in shreds and the players would be in no doubt about what is required to pull on the famous blue jersey of Scotland!

Berti must go :angry::angry::angry:

I'd agree with that.I'm not backing Berti as I think his tactics are shambolic and the ammount of players he plays out of position is criminal.

However if these player gave up against Hungary they should have been dropped then.Contradicting myself here because that is down to Vogts.

Fuk it sack him. :D

Whoever takes over must look at the players who really want to represent their country and start from there.

Guest OrangeMalky

He sould give me a game for Scotland. I would fight for my country's cause til the bitter end, just as long as they brought back the Union Jack to Scotland games and ditched Flower of Scotland for Jerusalem.

:P

Scottish/British and Proud of it

Guest Bhoys67
He sould give me a game for Scotland. I would fight for my country's cause til the bitter end, just as long as they brought back the Union Jack to Scotland games and ditched Flower of Scotland for Jerusalem.

:P

Scottish/British and Proud of it

You would fight for your contry till the better end? which country would that

be Malky? England or Scotland. or have you found another flavor of the week

nation to support?

Guest Bhoys67
Not to be pedantic but if he fights for his country he is fighting for great britain/uk, england and scotland cant go to war on their own.

He was talkimg football......not a real war?

Archived