Scotland Tickets

Guest maradona10

Guest erseofthebank

i heard that there has only been 23,000 tickets sold so far for wednesdays game. is it just me of would lets say 30,000 be a disapointing home crowd for a world cup qual. opener?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest allez le blues

It is dissapointing but its typical. Ok our friendly results have been, well we know, but come next september when the italians are coming it'l be like the holland match again. Espeacially when its a winner takes all top o the table clash!

3 points on wednesday an there will be at least 40000 at Norway match

There is a ticket office right next to Hampden that you can buy tickets, this is probably what he means.

I'll be there, but I'm really disappointed about the crowd! :angry: I would have thought we would still have got 30000-40000 for this one.

There is a ticket office right next to Hampden that you can buy tickets, this is probably what he means.

I'll be there, but I'm really disappointed about the crowd! :angry: I would have thought we would still have got 30000-40000 for this one.

If 23000 odd tickets have been sold so far and people can buy tickets on the night then I think we probably still will get over 30000 at the game. Not great but better than some doom mongers like the Sun newspaper have been suggesting.

I tend to agree with David Taylor in the sense that the S*n's coverage of Berti Vogts has been racist. I think he would have a very good libel case against that particular paper and much of the coverage has verged on character assasination.

At the end of the day, Vogts will earn all monies due under his contract whether he stays or goes. Despite the certainty that he can go back home with the million and a bit pounds still due under his contract, he has chosen to stay and stick it out in the face of disgusting tabloid assaults on his character.

I think this says something about the ethics of the man, and whether we win or lose on Wednesday and whether he leaves or not, he can always hold his head high in the knowledge that he would rather work for his money than take it and run. He has more morals in one toe than the tabloid that blamed Hillsborough on 'drunken' Liverpool fans while splashing pictures of dying fans on its front page.

And Tommy Burns has gone down in my estimation as he quite clearly has the knives out for Berti and colluding with the gutter press. Backstabber is the only word to decribe the guy who is quite happy to take the SFA's money while now acting from within to undermine the manager's position. He probably thought when he took the job it would be a cushy number - turn up for squads once a month and pick up a big cheque. He's proved though that when the chips are down, you wouldn't want to be stuck in the trenches with him. Tommy Burns - GTF.

S - C - O - T - L - A - N - D!!!!!!!!!

Vote with your pockets and boycott the Sun and the Record and the Sunday Mail and the likes of Jim Traynor on the radio. These guys do not care about the good of Scottish football but are only interested in theri own careers - self serving troublemakers. Don't fall for their lies. They have to sensationalise everything in order to sell papaers an are the real villians in the whole sorry affair.

And by the way, since when did Scotland have no young football talent. Everywhere i look, there are good youngsters breaking through into teams.

Vote with your pockets and boycott the Sun and the Record and the Sunday Mail and the likes of Jim Traynor on the radio. These guys do not care about the good of Scottish football but are only interested in theri own careers - self serving troublemakers. Don't fall for their lies. They have to sensationalise everything in order to sell papaers an are the real villians in the whole sorry affair.

The only problem there is that those papers are actually very good at covering lower league Scottish football....if we boycott the gutter tabloid press we wont see much about our teams in the national press at all.

Id disagree with you about Bill Leckie as well, I think the guy does care about Scottish football. I think he is right about Berti as well, I dont have much confidence in the guy.

Will be at Hampden on Wednesday getting behind the lads anyway though B)

Id disagree with you about Bill Leckie as well, I think the guy does care about Scottish football. I think he is right about Berti as well, I dont have much confidence in the guy.

I don't doubt that, in his own time , he may care about Scottish football. Unfortunately, the minute he becomes a journalist he is a servant of the editor and the papers agendas. The agenda at the moment is character assasination of Vogts.

Can you imagine how our standing in the game will suffer when Vogts eventually goes? Can you imagine what any football person asking, having been offered a job in Scotland in any sort of capacity, will be told by Vogts when they ask his opinion (as they undoubtedly will along, probably, with Advocaat)?

Berti will tell thim what an ungrateful shower of shites the Scots are and to steer clear of the god-forsaken country at all times.

We get a coach with undoubted credentials, with the highest football honours imaginable, and we have the cheek to deride him and tell him he knows nothing about football.

Bill Leckie or Berti Vogts - don't get me started!

Can you imagine how our standing in the game will suffer when Vogts eventually goes? Can you imagine what any football person asking, having been offered a job in Scotland in any sort of capacity, will be told by Vogts when they ask his opinion (as they undoubtedly will along, probably, with Advocaat)?

Berti will tell thim what an ungrateful shower of shites the Scots are and to steer clear of the god-forsaken country at all times.

We get a coach with undoubted credentials, with the highest football honours imaginable, and we have the cheek to deride him and tell him he knows nothing about football.

What exactly do we have to be grateful to Vogts for? He has taken us to our lowest FIFA ranking ever. Led us to numerous humiliating results in both friendlies and competitive matches. Continues to play players out of position. Still seems to struggle to communicate with his players on the pitch.

As for his undoubted credentials, yes, he won the European championships with a very talented German side. But ask any German football fan what they think of Berti as a manager and they will be less than complimentary to say the least. He may have won the World Cup as a player but it is not always the case that the best players make the best coaches or managers.

The tabloid press in this country is a very powerful machine and has always been very subjective in its reporting. If Berti (or any other foreign manager) takes a job in this country without being aware of how the press behave, then more fool them.

Guest Guinness_Alan
What exactly do we have to be grateful to Vogts for? He has taken us to our lowest FIFA ranking ever. Led us to numerous humiliating results in both friendlies and competitive matches.

I would take issue with your comment about humiliating defeats in competitive matches. Yes, we were horsed in Amsterdam, by a strong Dutch team with something to prove after a lot of in-fighting and a poor qualifying campaign. That is the only competitive defeat which could be described as humiliating IMO.

His only other competitive defeats were away to Germany, where they cheated their way to victory (as described by Christian Dailly on live tv B) ), and away to Lithuania who won with a dodgy penalty. We are unbeaten at home in competitive matches under Berti.

I think that the behaviour of the Scottish tabloid press has been nothing short of disgraceful, with their campaigns to stir up unrest in the Scottish squad in the lead up to an important qualifying campaign. :angry:

Berti Vogts would have a very good case if he took them to court for racist abuse! :angry:

I would take issue with your comment about humiliating defeats in competitive matches.

I didn't actually say 'defeats' Sorry for being pedantic. I was thinking about the games you mentioned but most of all the 2-2 against the Faroe Islands.

I think that the 2-2 against the Faroes is almost as embarrising as the 6-0 against Holland. We should never have found ourselves 2-0 against a bunch of posties and fishermen.

I agree that the holland team were strong, but were they not strong on the previous Saturday? Against Lituania, it shouldn't really have mattered whether or not they got a dodgy penalty, we should be capable of scoring two goals against them.

I'm not sure if he would have a case for racist abuse. I don't recall reading anything in the tabloids that specifically blames the poor results on the fact that he is German.

I don't doubt that, in his own time , he may care about Scottish football. Unfortunately, the minute he becomes a journalist he is a servant of the editor and the papers agendas. The agenda at the moment is character assasination of Vogts.

The only flaw in your argument there is that Leckie IS the sports editor!!

Im afraid your misinformed if you think Berti has a great reputation in world football. He's a laughing stock in Germany (the German Craig Brown if you like) and his record as a manager is pretty poor. Ok he won Euro 96 but one tournament success in his reign there was poor given the squad he had. Guy probably couldnt believe his luck when the naieve Scots gave him a bumper deal to tell us we have a poor players who arent up to much. Look at his post match comments "What went wrong?" - " I dont know, I dont have the answers, you tell me"!! Berti is a clown, but we're stuck with him so Im afraid we just have to get on with it. Dont start making out he's some football messiah though!

The only flaw in your argument there is that Leckie IS the sports editor!!

I, and he does what the EDITOR tells him. The EDITOR does what the Chief Executive tells him and so on up the food chain. Leckie's a glorified hack.

Dont start making out he's some football messiah though!

I reserve the right to be raging that these xenophobic twats are holding themselves out as representatives if the Scottish football supporting public and its feelings. They are turning our country and its football into a laughing stock.

Guest Guinness_Alan
I didn't actually say 'defeats' Sorry for being pedantic. I was thinking about the games you mentioned but most of all the 2-2 against the Faroe Islands.

I think that the 2-2 against the Faroes is almost as embarrising as the 6-0 against Holland. We should never have found ourselves 2-0 against a bunch of posties and fishermen.

Is Berti the first manager we've ever had who has had embarassing results against "diddy" teams? No, of course he isn't! I'd have a hard job to think of a manger we've who hasn't had results like that. None of our previous managers had to put up with the vitriol from the media that Berti has had to put up with though! :angry:

I'm not sure if he would have a case for racist abuse. I don't recall reading anything in the tabloids that specifically blames the poor results on the fact that he is German.

They are not blaming anything on the fact that he is German. What they are doing is poking fun at his nationality in an offensive way. That is racist! :angry:

I'm not saying Berti is the best manager we've ever had. I'm just saying his record in competitive games is a lot better than he is getting credit for.

I, and he does what the EDITOR tells him. The EDITOR does what the Chief Executive tells him and so on up the food chain. Leckie's a glorified hack.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the editor of the Sun is steering their coverage of Scottish football? In almost every case thats down to the Sports Editor only mate. The Suns coverage of Scottish fitba was transformed when Leckie arrived, he was basically given a free reign to do what he wanted.

Anyway I think Berti is a bit of a numpty (on the grounds of his shambolic performances, not his nationality or what any newspaper says!) but Im really looking forward to the game tomorrow night and Ill be right behind the players,

SUAS RI ALBA

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the editor of the Sun is steering their coverage of Scottish football? In almost every case thats down to the Sports Editor only mate. The Suns coverage of Scottish fitba was transformed when Leckie arrived, he was basically given a free reign to do what he wanted.

Disgruntled journo. ;)

Archived