Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

Mon the Mossad ;)

I believe Mossad have an enviable reputation for getting their man - even more so than the RCMP.

Could we not arrange for them to "take out" a certain poster on this thread whose name could be, perhaps mistakenly, construed as meaninh he was a Nazi sympathiser? whistling.gif

I believe Mossad have an enviable reputation for getting their man - even more so than the RCMP.

Could we not arrange for them to "take out" a certain poster on this thread whose name could be, perhaps mistakenly, construed as meaninh he was a Nazi sympathiser? whistling.gif

You do know that there was a SS 5th. Viking division ? :P

I think what becomes clear reading this thread, is that posters who are bias towards one side or the other, shouldn't really be taken seriously. Although clearly well-informed there is nothing that will alter the viewpoints of either Reynard or ICBM on this issue.

The starting point for any of this is whether you think there should be a state called Israel in the first place. If anyone disagrees with that then it actually does affect their entire attitude towards the debate. If someone agrees that the state should be there but thinks the way the Palestinians are treated is terrible then thats more or less my position. What is then difficult is the fact that Islamic fundamentalism then comes into play because as can be seen in the Hamas document I posted up there, these people are not coming from a position of actualkly wanting to give their people a homeland. That is NOT their aim here. Their aim is to rid the area of all Jews, that is their stated position and these people are in charge in Gaza. The situation is far far more complicated than simply a do gooding attempt to "be on the side of the oppressed". These are not reasonable people (either side), the Palestinians were offered their homeland in 1948, maybe someone out there who is on the side of the oppressed can go back to that point in time and tell me exactly what happened? It looked pretty much to me like the arabs were not especially enamoured with the fact that a Jewish state had been set up and they ganged up on it in an attempt to annihilate it on day one. THAT'S why the Palestinians lost out on their land.

BUT, thats not the end of it, they were offered a deal again to have their own homeland including the vast bulk of the West Bank, Gaza and having East Jerusalem as their capital city. Arafat rejected this and started the second intifada. Hardly the actions of a man hell bent on getting land for his people (he was Egyptian dry.gif ) to start building their country up, getting an infrastructure together and attempting to make life easier for the ordinary Palestinian punter. I'm pretty sure that like most other ordinary folk, they all just want to get on with their lives in peace. As ever, it's the actions of a small band of political/religious elites that causes all the bother.

So, yes, Palestinians are hard done to, no doubt about that. They are also badly led by a bunch of jihadists hell bent on a completely different agenda to the "homeland" issue. And yes, the Israelis are bawbags as well for the way they treat their enemy. I do support the right of Israel to exist and to defend their civilians and their property. Thats the basic function Id expect from any state.

But anyone truly expecting to see peace in the area is naive in the extreme, and it might be interesting to see which people on here support the right of Israel to be a state and which people don't think it should be there at all.

And BTW to XBL, the longer range rockets being launched on Tel Aviv were Iranian made and were bought with some of the wedge that gets floated in to Gaza as development aid. dry.gif

Any country that defines itself by a religion is pretty retarded tbf.

Yeah, but in that area of the world it's pretty significant to a number of worldwide religions so, while YOU might find it a bit retarded, THEY don't. And they are willing to seemigly die for their beliefs, which I'm pretty sure you are not prepared to do. (and neither am I!)

Yeah, but in that area of the world it's pretty significant to a number of worldwide religions so, while YOU might find it a bit retarded, THEY don't. And they are willing to seemigly die for their beliefs, which I'm pretty sure you are not prepared to do. (and neither am I!)

Which is equally retarded tbf.

I really do worry that youtube is somehow regarded as a 'source' of some kind. Good lord.

There's a lot of shit on youtube but equally it's a gateway to media that is also available from more established sources. More importantly it is a way of people exposing acts and situations we would never see if it were left to the MSM. Anything that offers an alternative to the monopoly of the large media organisations is a positive thing in a modern democracy.

It undoubtedly has its uses, but in some respects, yes. Talking absolute nonsense on youtube is less likely to be called out if its aimed at a particular audience. In no way am I against the principle of freer and more open information, but some of the misinformed dross available as 'fact' is unreal.

That said, the tone of BBC's coverage has been very poor IMO (In my opinion).

I really do worry that youtube is somehow regarded as a 'source' of some kind. Good lord.

Why? Is a documentary on youtube somehow worse than the same documentary being shown on tv?

The vast majority of the youtube videos posted are documentaries that have appeared on television worldwide and most of the information contained in them has been published in newspapers and magazines worldwide so the boy Graeme's comment is very foolish. smile.gif

Edited by SS-18 ICBM