Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

I know that the Hamas charter was too much to read for certain posters. But here is one extract from it that will maybe make some people understand why there is ZERO chance of peace in the area even if peace treaties get signed.

Article 7

"The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree (cited by Bukhari and Muslim)."

Article 13

[Peace] initiatives, the so-called peaceful solutions, and the international conferences to resolve the Palestinian problem, are all contrary to the beliefs of the Islamic Resistance Movement. For renouncing any part of Palestine means renouncing part of the religion; the nationalism of the Islamic Resistance Movement is part of its faith, the movement educates its members to adhere to its principles and to raise the banner of Allah over their homeland as they fight their Jihad: “Allah is the all-powerful, but most people are not aware.” From time to time a clamoring is voiced, to hold an International Conference in search for a solution to the problem. Some accept the idea, others reject it, for one reason or another, demanding the implementation of this or that condition, as a prerequisite for agreeing to convene the Conference or for participating in it. But the Islamic Resistance Movement, which is aware of the [prospective] parties to this conference, and of their past and present positions towards the problems of the Muslims, does not believe that those conferences are capable of responding to demands, or of restoring rights or doing justice to the oppressed. Those conferences are no more than a means to appoint the nonbelievers as arbitrators in the lands of Islam.

so, history lesson?

Or is the word of Syrians to be taken as gospel? I assume they have never lied? And so what if the leader Of Palestine was Jewish? What does that have to do with anything?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^rattled

so, history lesson?

Or is the word of Syrians to be taken as gospel? I assume they have never lied? And so what if the leader Of Palestine was Jewish? What does that have to do with anything?

What about the leadership of The PLO, I notice you skated round THOSE comments too?:lol: I'll stick it back on here for your benefit.

"There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity... yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel".

- Zuhair Muhsin, military commander of the PLO and member of the PLO Executive Council -

Your "leader of Palestine" was a British bloke who was administering a British territory. He wasn't the leader of a country. You don't seem to be aware of the difference. Which pretty much leaves your views on the subject, fucked. Did you ever get around to naming the leaders of Palestine prior to Herbie? Who were they again?:lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^rattled

Well not really. Once again, I've kept it business in response to his highly personal attacks. We're getting near a full page of purely insult posts from Reynard. That to me suggests a good deal of rufflement.

Oh and | answered his questions directly, just like I did on the BBC and every other issue. Disappointingly, he is unable to answer simple questions on a variety of issues. 1 expect he'll hide from this issue too When he's finished Asking ridicUlous "questions".

Edited by xbl

They are, but currently it's going to take Hamas and similar groups to take the first step back if we've ever to see an improvement in the situation. Israel will never lift restrictions as long as their civilians are under threat. They will continue to strike on rocket positions as long as they're aimed at Israeli towns.

More needs to be done from the international community, but it's difficult to see either side climbing down when you've got two sets of peoples who both feel aggrieved at past injustices, blame each other for escalation in conflict and are convinced they have a devine right to occupy the land.

On the flip side of this, you can say it's going to take Israel taking the first step back if we're to see an improvement in the situation, as Hamas aren't going to stop rocket strikes as long as Palestinians are having their homes bulldozed, being evicted for illegal settlements, and are to all intents and purposes imprisoned by an apartheid regime with no freedom of movement.

Why have Hamas been able to get enough popular support to take power? Do you think it's because the majority of people in Gaza are fundamentalists who want to wipe out all Jews? No, it's because people knew they'd use violence after negotiations were ruined time and time again by Israeli belligerence - settlement here, airstrike there, shoot a child for throwing a stone here - and through this the international community did nothing. Obviously it's not a switch you can flick overnight and the problems will go away, but it's going to take the average Palestinian believing negotiations can bring peace to stop groups like Hamas coming to power; that's not going to happen unless Israel demonstrates that it actually wants peace, when its actions have never suggested anything of the sort.

Well not really. Once again, I've kept it business in response to his highly personal attacks. We're getting near a full page of purely insult posts from Reynard. That to me suggests a good deal of rufflement.

By "insults", do you mean being thoroughly put right on a subject you know nothing about?

:D

From where I'm sitting, if he owns you much more he's gonna get to keep you. Just an observation, carry on

Perhaps someone else can help XBL out here? It's sad to watch someone making such a rip roaring c**t of themselves, but he seems determined to do this. Someone please help the poor sod out here.dry.gif

Does this start a new phase? Will you stop running away from questions on all issues now? Oh, and how can you accuse me of both not answering you AND Of being determined to answer you? How does that work?

Does this start a new phase? Will you stop running away from questions on all issues now? Oh, and how can you accuse me of both not answering you AND Of being determined to answer you? How does that work?

Just accept you've just had your arse handed to you on a plate and move on. Nobody but yourself will be giving a f**k anyway.

By "insults", do you mean being thoroughly put right on a subject you know nothing about?

:D

No, I Mean insults. for that is What you have resorted to. I suppose the EU threads, the Climate thread, and the politics threads have too many awkward questions for you to hang around, so I can see Why you hang around here to dish out your insults. What next? Are you going to propose mass deportation to Jordan as a solution?

from the BBC:

Twenty-eight Palestinians and three Israelis have died since Israel killed Hamas's military chief on Wednesday.

Israel says it has since targeted some 600 "terror sites" in Gaza.

Is it just me or do those numbers seem a bit disproportionate?

The anti-Semitic members of this forum such as Reynard and many various others who have been posting anti-Semitic comments on this thread since 2008 do not genuinely care about the death and destruction inflicted upon any innocent people in the Middle East, so why should you or anyone reading your thread care about their opinions?

Most of you are so poorly educated, and there are very few among you actually aware of what a Semite is. For this reason i repeat:

Facts: Arabic people are Semites as well as Hamites, not all Jewish people are Semites and not all Zionists are Jewish.

Reference. click here.

Semite: 1. A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians. 2. A Jew. 3. Bible A descendant of Shem. 4. (Social Science / Peoples) a member of the group of Caucasoid peoples who speak a Semitic language, including the Jews and Arabs as well as the ancient Babylonians, Assyrians, and Phoenicians. 5. (Social Science / Peoples) another word for a Jew

This makes many of you here 'anti-Semitic' due to your postings of various slurs, innuendos and downright stupid comments on this thread since 2008. You know who you are, no names are required as i'm not on a witch-hunt.

To the mentally retarded among you who have been fooling around accusing me of being anti-Semitic due to your dislike of my NATO name and the history lessons that i have been linking in my posts, i suggest that you spend a little bit of your time educating yourselves properly by doing a little 'personal' research into The History of the World, particularly the Middle East. And if you ever want to be taken seriously, refrain from making slanderous remarks about other members unless you can back up those slanderous remarks with something credible (such as full quotes of their posts).

More needs to be done from the international community, but it's difficult to see either side climbing down when you've got two sets of peoples who both feel aggrieved at past injustices, blame each other for escalation in conflict and are convinced they have a devine right to occupy the land.

Hmm. Haven't I heard this before, somewhat closer to home?