Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

9 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

An "Are We the Baddies?" moment for this Israeli. Not before time but given the extreme propaganda they're subjected to from childhood, I'll take it.

(If you don't have Twitter: https://nitter.poast.org/academic_la/status/1818044188673589733#m).

This morons opinion clearly hasn’t changed a lot. Wtf does he mean it wasn’t meant to make Israel look bad? As for the “intended to make it better” line, he’ll be waiting a long time. What we are currently witnessing is zionism in action. What is happening in Gaza right now is exactly what the state of Israel was created to do. David Ben-Gurion himself said this. 

2 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

This morons opinion clearly hasn’t changed a lot. Wtf does he mean it wasn’t meant to make Israel look bad? As for the “intended to make it better” line, he’ll be waiting a long time. What we are currently witnessing is zionism in action. What is happening in Gaza right now is exactly what the state of Israel was created to do. David Ben-Gurion himself said this. 

"My post; which shows how poisonous zionism can be, has been picked up by anti-zionists for some reason." I genuinely don't think a single thought passes through these c***s heads before they say things. 

There was a bit more to this tweet where he was warning about the risk of war between Israel and Iran but I cropped that out as its not as immediately relevant. What he puts here is useful analysis on why exactly Israel did this now (its a fairly safe assumption it was Israel). Haniyeh was not a militant. He was leader of the political wing of Hamas and therefore very much "above ground" and visible. That means Israel could've assassinated him in this manner at any time but they chose this particular moment. 

Screenshot_20240731_100419_Chrome.thumb.jpg.938628bc674143463102d7b183820621.jpg

11 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

There was a bit more to this tweet where he was warning about the risk of war between Israel and Iran but I cropped that out as its not as immediately relevant. What he puts here is useful analysis on why exactly Israel did this now (its a fairly safe assumption it was Israel). Haniyeh was not a militant. He was leader of the political wing of Hamas and therefore very much "above ground" and visible. That means Israel could've assassinated him in this manner at any time but they chose this particular moment. 

Screenshot_20240731_100419_Chrome.thumb.jpg.938628bc674143463102d7b183820621.jpg

I don't recall seeing mentions of a 'signal from Kamla Harris'...., though the US has been studiously very quiet recently.

What I see is a country and society that is rotting from within, and very publically.

39 minutes ago, beefybake said:

I don't recall seeing mentions of a 'signal from Kamla Harris'...., though the US has been studiously very quiet recently.

What I see is a country and society that is rotting from within, and very publically.

You're right, I don't know why Parsi has suggested that Harris will be more lenient than Biden ("not as unforgiving"). 

Seems it wasn't an airstrike that killed the Hamas guy, it was a bomb smuggled into his room months ago. Went off at 2am killing him and his bodyguard. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/nyt-haniyeh-was-killed-by-explosive-smuggled-into-tehran-guesthouse-two-months-ago/

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Seems it wasn't an airstrike that killed the Hamas guy, it was a bomb smuggled into his room months ago. Went off at 2am killing him and his bodyguard. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/nyt-haniyeh-was-killed-by-explosive-smuggled-into-tehran-guesthouse-two-months-ago/

Hamas need to learn to do security sweeps more often.

and America need to learn that they are being played. Why wait 2 months if not to stop any suggestions of a cease fire.

38 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hamas need to learn to do security sweeps more often.

and America need to learn that they are being played. Why wait 2 months if not to stop any suggestions of a cease fire.

Or they know the compound that he uses when he goes to Tehran, they know the room he usually has, they just had to wait until his next visit. How often does he go to Tehran from Qatar? 

If it had been a missile strike then yes, they might have been able to hit him any time he left Qatar but a pre-planted bomb says they had to wait for him. So not a deliberate attempt to stop a cease fire just now. 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Or they know the compound that he uses when he goes to Tehran, they know the room he usually has, they just had to wait until his next visit. How often does he go to Tehran from Qatar? 

If it had been a missile strike then yes, they might have been able to hit him any time he left Qatar but a pre-planted bomb says they had to wait for him. So not a deliberate attempt to stop a cease fire just now. 

The article read like he had been there a while but maybe you’re right and they have had to wait for him to rock up

On 02/08/2024 at 08:40, Newbornbairn said:

Iran have made a contradictory claim. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cg64642q0dxo

(I've no idea personally which version of events is more likely to be accurate).

7 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Update on this guy's "are we the baddies?" arc. He's realised burning children to death is bad. Another milestone reached.

I cant imagine Hell being much worse than what's happening.

Truly horrific.

This man is a minister in the Israeli government that our government supports.

Israeli minister says it may be ‘moral’ to starve 2 million Gazans, but ‘no one in the world would let us’

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/06/middleeast/israeli-minister-smotrich-starve-gazans-intl/index.html