Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

Galloway is a self obsessed headcase. A bigoted hypocrite. All he does is fuel sectarian conflict which he claims to be so against.

I disagree with that , Israel doesn't have a monopoly on Jewish opinion you know?its ok to condem Israels policies without being branded anti semetic.

Its funny how people like Galloway can constantly condem arab countries as dictatorships and homophobic and sexist and no one accuses him of being islamaphobic but slag Israel....

You shouldn't confuse people with their government.

I don't, and if it's true what George said that is disgraceful.

He should know better than most you shouldn't tar individuals for the actions of it's government

I disagree with that , Israel doesn't have a monopoly on Jewish opinion you know?its ok to condem Israels policies without being branded anti semetic.Its funny how people like Galloway can constantly condem arab countries as dictatorships and homophobic and sexist and no one accuses him of being islamaphobic but slag Israel....

Condemning israel does not mean not allowing Israelis into Bradford. That's fascism. I'm right behind condemnation of Israel and its policies but that's not what this is at all. Edited by MarkoRaj

TBF, he made a 90 minute speech. Where much of what he said was indisputable. It's no surprise the Zionist controlled media jumped onto that particular part in an attempt to paint him in a bad light. Here's the original speech...

Edited by Fotbawmad

Wonder how long it will take criticism of what the Israeli Government are doing, now that it's accepted in the mainstream, even in America, to turn to good old fashioned anti-semitism. Not long methinks.

Happening already

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/375489/Ukraine-crisis-Anti-Semitism-rampant-as-yobs-firebomb-synagogue

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.604813

http://www.jta.org/2014/07/29/news-opinion/world/suspect-arrested-in-arson-attack-on-german-synagogue

Let me explain things for folk who are struggling. Israel is a state. Just like America, Australia, Argentina and a great many more they became a state by taking land of people who lived there before. This was wrong but how long ago does a wrong have to be to justify a reaction today: Before anyone answers that question you may want to check modern history. It is much dirtier than you may think.

Now opposing Israeli occupation of the post 48 borders is fine. Opposing Israeli inhuman actions against the occupants of those borders is also fine. But when terms like "zionist" start coming out the wood work, then you have to be very careful with what you are saying. Zionist has been used as a synonym for Jew for nearly 100 years. When people start obsessing with Israeli action and almost ignoring everything else in the world then alarms start ringing.

While Israeli nationalists do exploit the antisemetic card it is a real thing. Its a little too easy for people to turn that into some kind of ultra enthusiastic "everything Israel does is wrong" or "I hate zionists".

Disliking a states actions does not mean you should be able to deny that states right to exist nor to use it as a means for a wider agenda. We live in a complex world where few can point fingers about "owning land". Stick to caring about human rights and make sure your definition of human does not end at the occupied territories and you'll be fine.

Obsess about one state and its inhabitants and your motive will be under scrutiny.

"Zionist controlled media" :lol:

Fotbawmad is a tinfoil hat wearing nutter and The King is a bigot on his 3rd or 4th alias with a penchant for talking to himself.

I think I'll take their analysis on this complex and unbelievably fucked up situation with a pinch of salt tbh.