Southland

Mr. Brightside

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, I got the same reaction. Probably because it was tucked away on More4.

Thought it was one of the best cop shows on the box, like a cross between Hill Street Blues and The Shield

I believe it was cancelled in the US due to poor ratings. At least it had a dramatic last scene which was quite fitting

My understanding was that it is returning but with a smaller cast and budget, focussing on less officers. It received strong reviews in the states before falling victim of the ratings war and the subject material being 'too dark for cable', which basically means it was an HBO style show on a public network, which is very rarely succesful in America.

I hope it returns, I loved it, and after The Wire ended I had been looking for a no-holds barred adult police show with strong characters and stories, I thought some of the episodes were terrific.

Missed the last one....anyone care to share what happened?

They go on maximum deployment to catch a rapist, Ben, Cooper and Chickie go on patrol together to catch him.

Sal's wife finds out about his affair.

Russell comes back to re-join Lydia as her partner but thinks it's too soon as he missed something.

In the end Chickie is going home later that night and sees a car, goes into the woods and catches the rapist.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone got any idea if, when and where this is going to be shown in the UK?

Coincidentally, I was thinkign about this show the other day and wondered the same thing. Which channel was series 1 on again? I've forgot...channel 4?

• 4 weeks later...

It's confused me :blink:

I didn't think I had seen season 2 but I have. When they showed it on More4 instead of showing season 1 then a few months later season 2, they showed season 1 and began season 2 as if it was one long series!!! So instead of season 1 being like 12 episodes which I thought it was, it turns out ot was 2 seasons of 6 episodes.

I could swear they never mentioned that at the time it was on.

It's confused me :blink:

I didn't think I had seen season 2 but I have. When they showed it on More4 instead of showing season 1 then a few months later season 2, they showed season 1 and began season 2 as if it was one long series!!! So instead of season 1 being like 12 episodes which I thought it was, it turns out ot was 2 seasons of 6 episodes.

I could swear they never mentioned that at the time it was on.

That rings a bell now.

i think series two was very short and right after series 1.

Means no new episodes for me, is there a series 3 planned?

That rings a bell now.

i think series two was very short and right after series 1.

Means no new episodes for me, is there a series 3 planned?

I think season 3 has aired in the US already and a 4th is planned I'm sure I read somewhere.So season 3 will probably air later in the year.

• 4 months later...

Archived