Danny Wilson

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland career if there ever was going to be one away down the swanny

FFS

He's nowhere near good enough for Scotland based on his time at Hearts to be honest.

Maybe Weir can pick him up again but playing in the Championship won't help his development.

Scotland career if there ever was going to be one away down the swanny

FFS

Chances are he'll be playing in the top flight in one year's time, by which point he'll still only be 24. It's not the best move for his career, but it's daft to say it'll rule out his chances of playing for Scotland.

More money, playing in front of bigger crowds for a much bigger side. Can't really call it lack of ambition.

Would you have said the same about Gomis, Bauaben or Keatings last season?

He also came through the ranks at Rangers with Weir by his side and was thought to be unhappy at Hearts so I personally don't see the issue.

More money, playing in front of bigger crowds for a much bigger side. Can't really call it lack of ambition.

Would you have said the same about Gomis, Bauaben or Keatings last season?

He also came through the ranks at Rangers with Weir by his side and was thought to be unhappy at Hearts so I personally don't see the issue.

They are a league below us, so it's lack of ambition.

It was mutual for him to leave Hearts as he wasn't rated by Levein, but I expected him to go somewhere better. Winning the league at that level and then going back to it with another team is a joke whichever way you look at it.

It was mutual for him to leave Hearts as he wasn't rated by Levein, but I expected him to go somewhere better. Winning the league at that level and then going back to it with another team is a joke whichever way you look at it.

James Keatings?

Gomis, Bauben and Keatings all done similar to join hearts, for more money and probably down to Knowing CL well (MG and PB) I didn't think that was a lack of ambition.

At a glance I agree it kind of looks that way but a 3 year deal on more money, at a club he knows and an assistant he trusts to be in the same league he was in last year on paper doesn't seem that bad.

Gomis, Bauben and Keatings all done similar to join hearts, for more money and probably down to Knowing CL well (MG and PB) I didn't think that was a lack of ambition.

At a glance I agree it kind of looks that way but a 3 year deal on more money, at a club he knows and an assistant he trusts to be in the same league he was in last year on paper doesn't seem that bad.

I get what you're saying, although not sure any of the above mentioned players had any better offers than Hearts.

Rangers weren't the best option for Wilson, he had numerous at a higher level.

I get what you're saying, although not sure any of the above mentioned players had any better offers than Hearts.

Rangers weren't the best option for Wilson, he had numerous at a higher level.

Not many players/agents care where the club plays its football.

The big question (from the player) is what salary is on offer

Keatings was told he could leave Hearts. If other clubs at a higher level aren't in for him, can't blame him for going to Hibs.

That wasn't the case for Wilson.

What about last season though? Hamilton were promoted, Keatings dropped down a division to play for a (nae offence to Hamilton) bigger club.

Not many players/agents care where the club plays its football.

The big question (from the player) is what salary is on offer

Indeed. Still utterly depressing that a player will jump at the chance to go along the M8 no matter how big a joke they are.

He should look at others who have made the move recently to see how that worked out for them.

Templeton, Wallace, Kyle, Zaliukas, Black all pretty much finished.

Archived