Rangers Socks

I can't be bothered trawling through numerous threads, so I'm wondering if any of the Blue Bigots could tell me why Rangers had weird cardboard labels stuck down their socks against Hearts on Saturday :blink::unsure:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ali_le_point

They have nae brains, so the top half of the body is unnecessary. The tabs are needed to identify the bottom half after mangling by a friendly Aberdeen player. Bit like dog tags.

Heard a story about the history behind the black socks with the red tops .

They are supposed to signify being up to their knees in fenien blood . apparently Ameruso refused to wear them .I did notice in videos of old firm games he wore all black socks .anyone else hear that rumour

Heard that rumour about the socks myself and to be honest with Rangers having adopted a policy of not signing Catholic players until 1989, and having basicly turned on Alex Fergison because his Wife was Catholic I could well beleive it. Obviously these days I'm sure it's because it's become part of the traditional home kit...mind you with the Orange (or as they said..Tangerine) Away strip, Sash adorned away strip and the Wannabe England Away strip it wouldn't surprise me if it was for the same old reasons they had those socks too.

Mr Murray has turned to the bigots in rescent cash strapped yrs

1. orange (sorry tangerine strips ) in honour of wee dickie very apt

2. taking green straws out of the kiosks (alledgedly)

3. pepperamimi (they are animals)

4 eggs named after the pope (get them off the menu (alledgedly)

5 sash away top , england( lookalike) away top ,

6. announce they are casting thier scouting net into the far east market .Over they go into china a country with a huge population do not find one player but manage to hook up with a team that play in orange strips (just in time for xmas ) best seller that year big suprise eh !

7. groundsmen cut the grass in the image of a sash the day before the ibrox old firm game .Highlighted in the paper the following week . what was done , nothing, the silence from murray was defening (so much for getting rid of the ftp brigade davie boy )

8 . on listening to the football phone in last week, i heard a really bright blue nose giving away mr murray,s latest wee secret .The guy was ejected from ibrox for abusing the opposition at the hearts game and had his season book took off him . He was on saying how hard done by he felt and was going to appeal the ban . But let it slip that before he got the chance to appeal his season book was posted back to him . Now that is what i call taking a hard line dave old boy

9. last but not least a big union jack painted on the stands at the loserdome (with a couple of saltires as a token gesture )

to be cont................

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Calderwood PTFC

3. pepperamimi (they are animals)

4 eggs named after the pope (get them off the menu (alledgedly)

5 sash away top , england( lookalike) away top ,

6. announce they are casting thier scouting net into the far east market .Over they go into china a country with a huge population do not find one player but manage to hook up with a team that play in orange strips (just in time for xmas ) best seller that year big suprise eh !

7. groundsmen cut the grass in the image of a sash the day before the ibrox old firm game .Highlighted in the paper the following week . what was done , nothing, the silence from murray was defening (so much for getting rid of the ftp brigade davie boy )

8 . on listening to the football phone in last week, i heard a really bright blue nose giving away mr murray,s latest wee secret .The guy was ejected from ibrox for abusing the opposition at the hearts game and had his season book took off him . He was on saying how hard done by he felt and was going to appeal the ban . But let it slip that before he got the chance to appeal his season book was posted back to him . Now that is what i call taking a hard line dave old boy

9. last but not least a big union jack painted on the stands at the loserdome (with a couple of saltires as a token gesture )

People in Glass Houses...................

Guest Follow Follow

that top was totally out of order, agreed it was just a marketin thing, sadly he won as many thousands bought it!

Never happened, just a shitey tabloid rumour!

5 sash away top , england( lookalike) away top

I hate the away top, due to its resemblance to an England top. Nice to see u commenting on the Celtic away being like an Ireland kit

Fuckin hell! Pitches are cut like that week-in-week-out in the Premiership!

Sorry mate, get a fuckin grip and stop being so paranoid!!

This guy was wrongly accused of hurling racial abuse at a Black hearts player, and he told u that if u listened!!

Also, if u had any common sense u'd check and find out if he had made said monkey noises - it could only have been at big Marv!!

How do i know?

I sit 3 rows behind him!!

You're only telling half a storry ya thick c**t!

One UJ and two Saltires, not painted on but cards to hold up - and it looked bloody brilliant!!

I hope to hear u have a dig at the Celtic board for having a Tricolour last weekend, at least we displayed a Brithish flag - which i personally cannot stand :lol:.

It was for Keanos debut my arse, was their a Japanese flag 4 Naka's debut?

Paranoid or what

I know Rangers are worse than Celtic, but the paranoia from Parkhead is really worrying! We have mopre bigots - fact! But its time DavieBhoy and Timster admit that their support has far more than their far share!

Guest cfczoomcfc

FF there is actually 1 planned for Nakamura before the end of the season so watch this space.

Cant really argue with anything else you said.

It is a fact that green and white striped straws were removed from the Ibrox kiosks, by Rangers Football Club.

It is a fact that shortly following the election of Pope Benedict XVI, the eggs benedict dish was removed from the Ibrox hospitality area, by Rangers Football Club.

It is a fact that Unilever representatives were banned by Rangers Football Club from carrying out a contracted promotion in the lower tier of the Broomloan Stand, because the Pepperami product being promoted was in a green wrapper.

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club designed, produced and sold an official football top which had a sash on it.

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club approved and promoted an orange football top.

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club linked up with the only team in the People's Republic of China who wore an orange top.

It is a fact that the only non-Rangers tops sold in Rangers club shops in Scotland are those of the aforementioned Chinese team (orange strip) and the English national team. No Scotland tops are sold in Rangers club shops. And, to counter the argument that "san Umbro hing, know?", no Republic of Ireland Umbro tops are sold in Rangers club shops.

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club fund the Blue Order - a name with rather sectarian overtones - who provided fans in the Govan Stand with a huge Union flag. This was the biggest single card display in the history of Rangers Football Club.

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club had an unwritten policy of refusing to sign players who were either Baptised, practiced, or had a spouse who followed the Roman Catholic faith.

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club designed, promoted and sold a football top which was eerie reminiscent of the then-current England top.

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club have, on several occasions in the past few years, travelled to Belfast to play Linfield - noted as the football club with one of the most violent, right-wing, racist and sectarian fans in the world.

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club order Rock Steady Security Limited, who provide security at Ibrox Stadium, NOT to eject fans who persist in making Nazi salutes. It is also a fact that the above security company are ordered, again by Rangers Football Club, not to refuse entry to Ibrox Stadium to ticket-holders wearing William of Orange, Keep Ulster Protestant, and 1690 scarves, banners and clothing.

That's the club. I'll deal with the fans tomorrow.

Incidentally, it is not true that Rangers FC ordered the pitch cutting to be designed in any particular sash fashion ahead of the Old Firm game this season. The pitch was cut in a new way that most English clubs are now using, and the pattern of the grass has remained the same ever since, and will do for the forseeable future.

Guest Follow Follow

Pompey u said everything in the points Timster made that i never comented on, and i just realised that i never said i agreed with most of those untalked about points

Ah, I don't read Timster's posts, so I didn't see them.

Having looked at it now, I see I've made a few of the same points, apologies for that and fair play to you for your reply there :)

I could do the same with Celtic as well, by the way, not just Rangers :)

Guest Kincardine

I found some of the comments made so surprising that I felt compelled to shrug off my lurker status and comment.

It is a fact that green and white striped straws were removed from the Ibrox kiosks, by Rangers Football Club.

What evidence have you for this?

It is a fact that shortly following the election of Pope Benedict XVI, the eggs benedict dish was removed from the Ibrox hospitality area, by Rangers Football Club.

I've never seen Eggs Benedict served at Ibrox - so I'd be interested in seeing the menu where it appeared.

If you're right, though, I guess this is the reason why I've never seen a Brandy Alexander on the cocktail list nor been offered a bottle of Innocent Smoothie nor seen Gregory's Girl shown before the game.

It is a fact that Unilever representatives were banned by Rangers Football Club from carrying out a contracted promotion in the lower tier of the Broomloan Stand, because the Pepperami product being promoted was in a green wrapper.

Another urban myth

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club designed, produced and sold an official football top which had a sash on it.

Shock horror! A sash!! I suppose having a sash or a diagonal stripe makes you a bigot. Like Dundee in 2003

dundee

or Dundee United the following year

dundee united

Furthermore, when did you last see a sash worn at an Orange parade? Collarettes have been mandated for as long as I can remember.

Really, if you want to make a 'football team kit in Orange connection scandal' comment then you should pick on Airdrie. Look at this. I bet they even have a fetching bowler hat to match:

airdrie

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club linked up with the only team in the People's Republic of China who wore an orange top.

No it isn't. Rangers are linked with Shenzhen Jianlibao. Look, here's a photo of them winning the Chinese title in their pretty orange green top:

Jianlibao

Of course, they also play in orange, as do Wuhan as you can see here:

another chinese team with orange strips

So is your point, "The Chinese team linked with Rangers sometimes wear an orange top and sometimes wear a green one"?

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club fund the Blue Order - a name with rather sectarian overtones - who provided fans in the Govan Stand with a huge Union flag

Well there are three points here.

1. Rangers don't fund The Blue Order

2. Where are the 'rather sectarian overtones'? Which word is sectarian? blue? order? Oh, maybe it's the combination of them that's sectarian. Maybe that explains why no one ever buys a Postal Order. They don't want to be accused of bigotry.

3. Why is flying the Union Jack (or Union Flag) comment-worthy? Is it flying a national flag per se that's wrong? or is it flying that particular one you object to?

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club designed, promoted and sold a football top which was eerie reminiscent of the then-current England top.

And your point is?

Now if you'd care to put together a reasonable post that says something like, "There are too many bigots at Ibrox, too many songs which have nothing to do with football and the Nazi salute is offensive" then I'd agree with you. However, to trot out rumours, urban myths, factual errors and irrelevancies does your cause no good.

I found some of the comments made so surprising that I felt compelled to shrug off my lurker status and comment.

What evidence have you for this?

I've never seen Eggs Benedict served at Ibrox - so I'd be interested in seeing the menu where it appeared.

If you're right, though, I guess this is the reason why I've never seen a Brandy Alexander on the cocktail list nor been offered a bottle of Innocent Smoothie nor seen Gregory's Girl shown before the game.

Another urban myth

Shock horror! A sash!! I suppose having a sash or a diagonal stripe makes you a bigot. Like Dundee in 2003

dundee

or Dundee United the following year

dundee united

Furthermore, when did you last see a sash worn at an Orange parade? Collarettes have been mandated for as long as I can remember.

Really, if you want to make a 'football team kit in Orange connection scandal' comment then you should pick on Airdrie. Look at this. I bet they even have a fetching bowler hat to match:

airdrie

No it isn't. Rangers are linked with Shenzhen Jianlibao. Look, here's a photo of them winning the Chinese title in their pretty orange green top:

Jianlibao

Of course, they also play in orange, as do Wuhan as you can see here:

another chinese team with orange strips

So is your point, "The Chinese team linked with Rangers sometimes wear an orange top and sometimes wear a green one"?

It is a fact that Rangers Football Club fund the Blue Order - a name with rather sectarian overtones - who provided fans in the Govan Stand with a huge Union flag

Well there are three points here.

1. Rangers don't fund The Blue Order

2. Where are the 'rather sectarian overtones'? Which word is sectarian? blue? order? Oh, maybe it's the combination of them that's sectarian. Maybe that explains why no one ever buys a Postal Order. They don't want to be accused of bigotry.

3. Why is flying the Union Jack (or Union Flag) comment-worthy? Is it flying a national flag per se that's wrong? or is it flying that particular one you object to?

And your point is?

Now if you'd care to put together a reasonable post that says something like, "There are too many bigots at Ibrox, too many songs which have nothing to do with football and the Nazi salute is offensive" then I'd agree with you. However, to trot out rumours, urban myths, factual errors and irrelevancies does your cause no good.

Easy for you to say ya bigot *** B)

Guest Follow Follow

Another urban myth

i disagree with this one mate, Rangers said Officially they werent aloud to hand out the Green pepperami's as they feared the people handing them out might be abused

And your point is?

The point is that we are a Scottish team, and have no affiliation to the English National team - though some bigotted arseholes who follow Rangers do concern themselves with england. Hence the England like away Kit. Personally i think its a shocking top -

1. It looks like a England top

2. It can hardly be worn, as the teams with blue tops - i.e Killie - also have white in them, meaning a THIRD top has to be manufactured and sold. meaning the fans have to shell out even more money, for shitey merchandise which changes every single year!

If you are happy wearing an England top then by all means do so, but don't call yourself Rangers fan and prepare to be called a bigot all your days ( especially on here! :lol: )

Archived