Aberdeen v Partick Thistle, 4/4/15

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are the nonces spoiling our thread?

Thistle and Aberdeen fans get on fine. We both despise the green and grey peados. Do you understand?

Good point m8

I'm struggling to find my Savile/Stein photo :(

Would have settled for a point at the start but disappointed to not to have came away with the win.

Aberdeen had spells where they threatened us but just couldn't muster any real chances, and that was because our defence (for the most part) was superb. Unfortunately our two chances were squandered and you could see how gutted Taylor was at the end of the game. Head in his hands for at least a minute. Shame the Ross County and Motherwell steamrollers continue but a win against the latter on Saturday should see us do all right.

Aberdeen was nice.

Bit of a shitfest from us yesterday. No point attributing blame to one player, they were all crap. Not helped by the weirdly unbalanced 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 the manager employed to try to shoehorn Shankland and Flood in yesterday which left no winger on the right hand side constantly until the early second half subs. But even they fell into the lethargic tempo set in the first half.

We were pretty lucky to come away with a point, Taylor's miss at the end of the first half was extremely fortunate. But well played Thistle, made it difficult to break you down and looked by far the more dangerous team. Decent away support taken up too, fair play!

The referee was pretty abysmal for both teams, some baffling stuff. Shame the Celtic mutants have come on and spoiled a good thread.

The Hayes incident in the second half looked to be a terrible decision.

I'm surprised there's been no real mention of this. I think Frans was touched by Hayes, but the contact was nowhere near as severe as he was making out and I don't think it was a foul. I guess we'll have to see in the highlights.

Not nice to see players acting up but there is no doubt in my mind that Aberdeen would have scored from that opportunity. I've never heard a crowd whistle and boo so loudly; it was quite a frightening experience.

Celtic fans would do a better job of convincing folk they didn't care if they didn't have a wankfest every single time the Dandies drop a point.

or even two points... :(

I'm surprised there's been no real mention of this. I think Frans was touched by Hayes, but the contact was nowhere near as severe as he was making out and I don't think it was a foul. I guess we'll have to see in the highlights.

Not nice to see players acting up but there is no doubt in my mind that Aberdeen would have scored from that opportunity. I've never heard a crowd whistle and boo so loudly; it was quite a frightening experience.

TBH the way Hayes was playing I think he'd have put it into the away end.

From the highlights Hayes certainly went in with his studs up to win the ball but I don't think he made much, if any contact with Frédéric Frans and seems to win the ball cleanly.

Freddy going down like a sack of spuds probably made up the ref's mind for him?

Nice to get a break now and again but I wouldn't be happy if it had been the other way around.

Taylor should have buried at least one of those chances though :(

Still, being slightly disappointed in bringing a point back from Pittodrie shows we are finding our feet at this level?

post-1545-14282635933689_thumb.jpg

Bad day at the office for us felt we was dreadful until the manager changed it to our normal formation which has been successful for this this season but still we didn't create much. Fans was calling for Shankland to be in the team so he did although changing it to have 2 up front but no width surprisingly so don't really blame Shankland on the poor service he got.

Midfield was dreadful with Flood who has been pretty poor of late and Kenny McLean also dreadful. Actually really concerned how our £300k midfielder is playing since signed for us, doesn't really do much during the game for me maybe to similar to Jack in the role they play but its not really working between them. Less I say about Taylor and Reynolds the better but the defending in the first half was disgraceful.

Partick Thistle looked decent though and if they keep playing like that then they should be safe enough.

Archived