Pregnancy And Parenting

My niece gave birth to a healthy daughter early this morning a couple of hours after her contractions started, her first birth. She's fine but has a third degree tear. Googled it and wished I hadn't, sounds fucking horrendous. I've had an anal fissure before which was the worst thing I've experienced, but this sounds worse.
Any P+Bers had a third degree tear?
Mrs B had that. I recall the exact moment where I am sure it happened because despite the amount of pain she was in during the head/shoulders coming out, it suddenly changed and went up many notches. Lots and lots of blood.

It does take a good few weeks to heal and we got majorly fucked about with BB2. Some doctors saying any future baby would be a section then some pushing us for a natural birth. Ended up a section. It turned out bb2 was breach anyway but she chose ot because her comfidence in a natural delivery without permanent damage was totally shot.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Mrs B had that. I recall the exact moment where I am sure it happened because despite the amount of pain she was in during the head/shoulders coming out, it suddenly changed and went up many notches. Lots and lots of blood.

It does take a good few weeks to heal and we got majorly fucked about with BB2. Some doctors saying any future baby would be a section then some pushing us for a natural birth. Ended up a section. It turned out bb2 was breach anyway but she chose ot because her comfidence in a natural delivery without permanent damage was totally shot.

If the universe is so complex and well organised that there has to be a God who designed it, he must have sub contracted some of the work to a Public-Private Partnership or the like.

Thanks. Are you going to find out what you’re having? We never knew and the surprise when she came was great. Knowing the sex doesn’t really help anyone IMO, you’re still going to need the same basic stuff if it’s a boy or girl anyway and it’s good to still have the surprise factor when approaching due date. Would definitely recommend not finding out.

It was a postpartum haemorrhage my Mrs had, which isn’t uncommon but the amount of blood she lost was well above average. If she hadn’t had such incredible medical attention straight away then she would have bled to death within minutes no doubt. God bless the NHS.
Got the wean on the tit? Lucky laddie.

I had retained placenta and huge blood loss, was in recovery for 36hrs and basically a balloon in my uterus.

It had been straightforward delivery and I hadn’t needed stitches. 

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

That’s a postpartum haemorrhage then. Baby came at about 2 and i got to see and speak to Mrs throbber by about half 5 and she was okay, just a bit doped up.

Yes I know, they also had to dig the placenta out with their hands!

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

You claiming to work in healthcare is much more of a Walter Mitty fable than anything I have come up with you absolute screwball.

I see Jimmy more of the Dr Shipman than  the Florence Nightingale school of healthcare.

18 minutes ago, throbber said:

You can actually eat placenta. I was thinking of opening up a placenta based eatery just round the back of the Royal infirmary.

Tastes like liver apparently, I think mushroom pâté on melba toast is the way to go for the starter. Mix it up with some veal to make meatballs with freshly made spaghetti and ragu sauce for the main.

Edited by welshbairn