Pregnancy And Parenting

On the 12th on November my friend's daughter, Annie, was born! I have not been able to see her yet but I can't wait!!! XBL I like the new name, Enigma, 10th Earl of March (local earldom, in terms of Haddington) has a certain ring to it...

My sister in law is due to drop in February. She said that she is going to be screaming to my brother while giving birth "You b*****d!! Never come near me again!" etc etc.

My brother has quietly said to me that he is just going to calmly reply "Well, if you had let me put it up your arse instead like I had asked, you wouldnt be in this position".

Pretty certain my sis in law will be mortified by this but no one will know. Her face will be red anyway.

• 1 month later...

Bump

This one hasn't half started to slip down. It's been fairly constant for about a year then everyone just stops. :lol:

Mrs SD has her 32 week scan on Monday. Hope all is well. No reason at this point not to expect it to be. It's been really odd this time round hardly seeing anyone. We seemed to have fortnightly scans and visits to clinics last time around but this time we've just been left to it. It seems months since we had a scan.

Bump

This one hasn't half started to slip down. It's been fairly constant for about a year then everyone just stops. :lol:

Mrs SD has her 32 week scan on Monday. Hope all is well. No reason at this point not to expect it to be. It's been really odd this time round hardly seeing anyone. We seemed to have fortnightly scans and visits to clinics last time around but this time we've just been left to it. It seems months since we had a scan.

Not long to go then till number 2 arrives! You're going to have your hands full!

• 2 weeks later...
Bump

I noticed on my appointment list that there were about 6 appointments that you only get first time around... Seems a bit daft to me - every pregnancy is different. You really are going to have your hands full very soon! Have you been looking at double buggies and things? One of the women at the toddler group we go to has one where the older kid is at the front, and the younger one kind of hangs in a basket type seat underneath to the rear. Quite snazzy!

I can't believe my wee mannie is 5 months. We're going to start weaning very soon as he just wants fed constantly now. Milk doesn't seem to be enough for him anymore... NOT looking forward to the nappies!

Maybe this thread needs a name change...

I can't believe my wee mannie is 5 months. We're going to start weaning very soon as he just wants fed constantly now. Milk doesn't seem to be enough for him anymore... NOT looking forward to the nappies!

Maybe this thread needs a name change...

O gods, the memories of nappies after weaning onto solids! :green Good luck with that then! ;)

Bump

Whit?!

My first venture into this thread for a few months and I had to check the dates of the posts.

You don't hang about sir, good work. My cousin had his second 11 months after his first and they look like they are getting over it now...4 years later :ph34r:

All the best SD.

Edited by Thundermonkey

I noticed on my appointment list that there were about 6 appointments that you only get first time around... Seems a bit daft to me - every pregnancy is different. You really are going to have your hands full very soon! Have you been looking at double buggies and things? One of the women at the toddler group we go to has one where the older kid is at the front, and the younger one kind of hangs in a basket type seat underneath to the rear. Quite snazzy!

We were also on a high risk watch for the first one after a long history of problems so we were getting seen far more often than even usual first time parents.

Everything was bought a couple of months ago, though the double buggy has only arrived at the shop today in fact. they phoned to say it was ready for collection along with the second cot (identical to the first one). Maureen hated the idea of a double buggy with one in front of the other. We looked at a couple but she was set against it from the word go. We're getting a side by side one.

Thomas is now 10 months and starting to interact so much more. he holds his arms out to be lifted, he smiles and laughs at everyone (he had the waiting room at the doctor's surgery all smiling with him when he went for his swine flu jab today) and he's also standing up and taking his own weight (though supported, he can't balance) and sitting up on the floor unsupported these days. He has taken a couple of steps when being held up standing too. He's shown absolutely no desire to crawl though.

Whit?!

My first venture into this thread for a few months and I had to check the dates of the posts.

You don't hang about sir, good work. My cousin had his second 11 months after his first and they look like they are getting over it now...4 years later :ph34r:

All the best SD.

You missed that one then somehow! It was referenced in more than this thread. Not exactly planned to be that close but, given our ages, we didn't want to wait long. If this one arrives on due date it will be 51 weeks younger than Thomas. If he or she is half as good as Thomas we'll be very lucky.

As did my sister-in-law albeit the 2nd one arrived at 30 weeks. They are now 2 and 3 and are fantastic little girls. My sister-in-law is now making the "let's have another noises". Hard work initially but when the 3 year old started using the potty her little sister would sit on it after her. They are now both almost toilet trained which has to be a bonus.

You'll be fine SD

I am glad this year is over in many ways as with Aiden we have been through the mill as he was in hospital for six weeks just after he was born.He will still be monitored though which is procedural due to him being in the special care unit.

However all seems to be well and he is responding normally and putting on the beef.The best thing anybody told me about parenting is to try and enjoy it and not to worry.We thought the worst at times and now I wonder why we did that.

I am glad this year is over in many ways as with Aiden we have been through the mill as he was in hospital for six weeks just after he was born.He will still be monitored though which is procedural due to him being in the special care unit.

However all seems to be well and he is responding normally and putting on the beef.The best thing anybody told me about parenting is to try and enjoy it and not to worry.We thought the worst at times and now I wonder why we did that.

Thats good to hear mate.

p.s Wee Pedro is doing great ;)

Thats good to hear mate.

p.s Wee Pedro is doing great ;)

Great stuff.It does indeed make you thankful at times.Without getting morbid I have a close friend who has a kid who has a disability and he is one of the most positive guys I know.He was and is a great inspiration to me.

If we were all born perfect it would be a boring place to live.Whatever prefect is.

Edited by seamus