Pregnancy And Parenting

Good luck when the time comes SD.

Our girl was born within an hour and a half but the wife said it was a lot worse than the 16 hours she took for our boy.

Apparently the second birth is notoriously fast. Fingers crossed for you if today is a significant date.

Nothing significant about today's date, just today is fairly convenient in terms of not having to cancel things. I had work to do yesterday that couldn't wait a fortnight for instance so I was pleased to get that done before it all "kicked off". If I hadn't I'd have had to come in next week regardless of paternity leave.

Also on a purely selfish basis if No 2 would arrive today or tomorrow I probably wouldn't have to miss the football at the weekend. I also have a funeral to attend tomorrow in a different town 20 miles away which I'd rather not miss ideally (and don't really want to have to sit with my phone on in the church either).

Generally speaking in terms of an impending fortnight off, the sooner the better. If any of that starts to get into March it will cause work issues. I don't have any other February work that can't wait though.

Thomas arrived after about 6 or 7 hours of labour but he was induced and I believe that tends to make things slightly quicker. His birthday is February 19th so No 2 arriving on the same day would be very convenient in some ways but I don't think Mrs SD would be happy to be still in this state for an extra week!

100+ pages. It'll take me months to get through all this. can somebody summarise it all for me. tongue.gif

The wife's due on April 2nd and I might need some pointers.

For instance is it true that you're not allowed to tie them up while you go out to the pub anymore?

(Mother and baby together of course)

That's barbaric. You are not fit to be a father.

The modern, caring way is to steal all her clothes and put a security system on the front door to which only you have the code.

Neanderthal.

Also on a purely selfish basis if No 2 would arrive today or tomorrow I probably wouldn't have to miss the football at the weekend.

:blink: Your wife must be very understanding! I couldn't even walk properly a week after giving birth, if my husband had gone to the football, I'd have gone mental...

Happy birthday Madison for tomorrow!

:blink: Your wife must be very understanding! I couldn't even walk properly a week after giving birth, if my husband had gone to the football, I'd have gone mental...

Happy birthday Madison for tomorrow!

I'd have shot mine too! And we didn't have a 1 year old at home!

Hope all goes well though SD!

SD - Fingers crossed this time. Is that about 6 weeks overdue :P I don't want to see you back on this thread tonight.

This time? There hasn't been a previous time. :unsure:

Two days overdue. And I've nothing better to do at the moment than sit here on the pc timing contractions. Not regular enough or frequent enough for them to want us to come in yet. <_<

Edited by Skyline Drifter