Pregnancy And Parenting

Mm, she hasn't had a contraction for over 20 minutes now and has managed to fall asleep. Perhaps a false start after all then. :(

If there isn't anything in the next half hour or so I'll try to get some sleep myself.

EDITED to add: Not going to be a Valentine's baby then.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Mm, she hasn't had a contraction for over 20 minutes now and has managed to fall asleep. Perhaps a false start after all then. :(

If there isn't anything in the next half hour or so I'll try to get some sleep myself.

EDITED to add: Not going to be a Valentine's baby then.

Don't want to upset you, but be prepared for this stop-start thing to go on for days. Hopefully it wont, but it could. :(

Don't want to upset you, but be prepared for this stop-start thing to go on for days. Hopefully it wont, but it could. :(

Yes, I'm aware of it.

They weren't gone for long. She got about 40 minutes sleep maybe but they are back. Mostly 10 - 15 mins apart and lasting just under a minute.

I've started using cloth nappies with the wee mannie. I tried when he was younger, but he just pooped through them. I've got different wraps for them now though and they're a lot better (although most of his poos are solid now, so they're bound to hold them in better). I've been using Tots Bots, but the Mother-ease wraps are much better than the Tots Bots ones, so I've just ordered some Mother-ease nappies to give them a try. Fed up throwing away disposables and they're really expensive too.

I've started using cloth nappies with the wee mannie. I tried when he was younger, but he just pooped through them. I've got different wraps for them now though and they're a lot better (although most of his poos are solid now, so they're bound to hold them in better). I've been using Tots Bots, but the Mother-ease wraps are much better than the Tots Bots ones, so I've just ordered some Mother-ease nappies to give them a try. Fed up throwing away disposables and they're really expensive too.

I loved using terry nappies with my second. He's the only one of my children that I've had while having a house with a garden and a washing line, so the only one it was really practical with. It was great having a long line of bright, white terry nappies out on a summer day. :D

I just used disposable liners inside the nappy (just the square ones, couldn't be arsed paying out more for the ready shaped ones or anything, and just as easy if you fold them all the right way in advance) and plastic/rubber pants on over the top, and they were absolutely fine. Just wish I had the room, the washing line and weather for them here!

Did you find it easier to potty-train your second LM? I'm told cloth nappies make it easier...

My second was a nightmare to train, unfortunately, but I think that's more to do with his Dad leaving it until he was nearly 3 (we'd split by then and I was working, so he took the lead) and I don't think he put as much effort into it as needed. I can see why cloth nappies would make it easier, as it's easier for them to tell when they're wet than with disposables.

We can tell when Charlie pees now as he does a little shiver before he starts. :lol:

Mon the solid poos. :D

Everything with my son is going fine just now apart from 1 thing. When at night time about 2am he decides to wake up and we find it hard to get him back to sleep unless he comes into our bed.

Once he is in our bed he is fine. I know this shouldnt happen as he is coming up for 6 months and hopefully he will go into his own room but he just wont stay or sleep in his own bed.

Had anyone else had this problem if yes how do they over come this?

My son loves his solids and has no problem feeding.

Opinions differ on whether or not you should take your baby into bed with you. Some people see no harm in it, some think it's dangerous and encourages bad habits. I'm like you, I don't like it. I don't feel safe, I'm terrified of rolling onto the baby and I don't sleep. Thankfully, Charlie doesn't sleep in our bed (he thinks it's playtime the second he comes into our room!), so it wouldn't be an option for us anyway, but my elder two both liked the comfort. The simple answer is, if you don't want him in your bed, don't take him into bed with you. You may well have to put up with crying and pacing, but if he doesn't get used to your bed, he won't know what he's missing. At his age, it shouldn't take more than a few nights to break the habit. Do you know why he's waking? Is it too cold? Too warm? Is he feeding enough during the day or is he waking up for a feed? Teething?

I'm with Lyn-Marie - just don't do it. Apparently it takes 3 days of consistency for a baby to get used to the new routine - so you might have 3 days (or nights, in this case) of crying/lack of sleep, but it would be worth it. My boy's sleeping great now, but it has taken a lot of hard work and crying to get there!

The wife said she will email you if thats alrite we yourself?

Its her that is worried and her that comes over alot better than i do when on the internet

Of course, that's fine. :)

That's us had our first child, Ben, born 1st February 4 weeks premature weighing 5lbs 3ozs:

post-4897-12662612625107_thumb.jpg

Beautiful!

Guest The Phoenix

That's us had our first child, Ben, born 1st February 4 weeks premature weighing 5lbs 3ozs:

post-4897-12662612625107_thumb.jpg

What huge ears, he has.

Is his mother a rabbit?

Only joking, he's a wee smasher and a pretty decent weight for being 4 weeks premature. :D

Cheers for the comments. He's back to birth weight now, the missus had acute fatty liver disorder as it turned out so at 5pm we are up the hospital for routine checks at half 7 it's an emergency section at a different hispital and he's out pissing all over the midwife in the operating theatre. She's a nursery nurse so I'm just letting her do it all just now and putting the nappys on backwards on purpose to get out of it, going pretty well so far 8)