Pregnancy And Parenting

Mr X-good advice there.....although the on bit of advice from someone else I did listen too was from PB's very own Whistle Blower who told me, "not to hold anything said in the middle of the night against each other in the morning". Which I thought was good.

......and extremely vital. <_<

Thomas will be 1 on Friday. The birthdays are four days apart (and are in my signature incidentally ;) )

Loving the signature SD. Congratulations to the whole family. Hope mum and baby are doing well.

......and extremely vital. <_<

nothing like snapping like a pair of jack russells at 3am with, well in your case, two screaming children!

BTW, SD do you think your wife will ever let you near her again?! Bet she's hoping you don't win the leauge or such like this May!

BTW, SD do you think your wife will ever let you near her again?! Bet she's hoping you don't win the leauge or such like this May!

:lol:

We didn't win anything last year! Steven's conception was just extraordinary luck. We discussed whether we wanted to stop at one and decided that we didn't especially want to so took no measures to prevent it happening. However, given the long list of problems and heartbreaks we had on the way to Thomas and given our respective ages we really didn't expect anything to happen so soon if at all.

Neither of us wants a third particularly so there will be no more unless it's some sort of accident! :ph34r:

nothing like snapping like a pair of jack russells at 3am with, well in your case, two screaming children!

We haven't really had to deal with two screaming children at the same time yet. I expect it will happen sooner or later. Thomas slept right through the night last night even when his brother awoke in the next room. We took him downstairs fairly quickly though and although there were a couple of screaming fits down there he's not all that loud yet and I doubt the noise carried much into Thomas's room.

It's a pain having to deal with these four hourly feeds again by the way. I thought we were past all that. Hopefully not for too long and so far Steven doesn't appear to be anything like as jaundiced as Thomas was so the rigidity of the feeding pattern doesn't have to quite so militarily observed.

Can i just ask for those of you who co-slept, how did you get your little one to sleep all night alone, in their own bed???

I started by putting a t-shirt I'd worn (so it smelled of me) in his moses basket with him (I did the same when we moved him into the cot in his own room). If you're determined to get him into his own bed, you'll have to put up with a bit of crying if your son is anything like mine!!! Basically, I'd settle him in my arms and put him down - awake - into his cot. He'd start crying again, so I picked him up, settled him and put him down again. This can take a while, but is effective as a few nights later, he'll realise he's not going to win the battle and will just settle himself. Cal is a really good sleeper now since I did this. It's a technique from the Baby Whisperer called pick-up-put-down. Have a search for it on Google - there is loads of info on it on the web.

:lol:

We didn't win anything last year! Steven's conception was just extraordinary luck. We discussed whether we wanted to stop at one and decided that we didn't especially want to so took no measures to prevent it happening. However, given the long list of problems and heartbreaks we had on the way to Thomas and given our respective ages we really didn't expect anything to happen so soon if at all.

Neither of us wants a third particularly so there will be no more unless it's some sort of accident! :ph34r:

I know, I'm delighted for you and your wife that No 2 came with such ease :)

Has she handed you that appointment she made for you with the man with the bricks yet?!

I have just bought our 3 year old one of these types of seats:-

britax-adventure-11-e2b-l.jpg

Is there any reason why you would not be able to put it in the front of a car and still have the airbag active?

Not wanting the child to suffocate if the bag went off is probably a good one. Other than that, I don't know any.

Not wanting the child to suffocate if the bag went off is probably a good one. Other than that, I don't know any.

You miss my point moody. Is it any more damaging for a child to be hit by an air bag than an adult? Do they not deflate after the impact?

Edited by Newtown Park

In answer to your question though, I had a look on John Lewis online and they say that it's an extreme hazard to put a child in a booster seat in a passenger seat with an airbag. It doesn't say why, but I'm guessing it's to do with the force that the airbag comes out - remember a tot's bones are not as strong as most adults and could easily be broken by an airbag - imagine it hitting a child in the face? I wouldn't take the risk personally, but each to their own.