Pregnancy And Parenting

I have no idea... maybe something to do with your gums or the calcium or something? It was the health visitor that said it, I didn't really think to question it - although I'm sure I read something about it somewhere too. I'll see if I can find it when I'm a bit more sober.

I don't like the idea of waking them up from a nap - if they're sleeping it's because they need it, surely? Callum sleeps better at night if he's had good naps during the day. Sleep breeds sleep and all that...

Children need a certain amount of sleep each day, it doesnt really matter when they get it. Neither of ours miss(ed) out on any sleep, they just didnt sleep as long during the day as they would have, had we let them. They get a good 10-12 hours at night each night, which is exactly what they should be getting at their age.

To be honest, I cant really see any downside to it. You get to spend time more with them during the day. You get into a bedtime routine nice and early and dont need to change it when they start to nap less. When they get older their bedtime will be later, an awful lot easier than trying to get them to go to bed earlier. And, you get the evenings to yourself for some adult conversation and something on the tv that isnt Spongebob Square Pants :lol:

I have no idea... maybe something to do with your gums or the calcium or something? It was the health visitor that said it, I didn't really think to question it - although I'm sure I read something about it somewhere too. I'll see if I can find it when I'm a bit more sober.

I thought it was to do with calcium...I could be wrong.

I thought it was to do with calcium...I could be wrong.

It may be to do with Dentin formation. I found this on Wiki:

Secondary dentin is formed after root formation is complete, normally after the tooth has erupted and is functional.

There are 3 layers of dentin (the tissue that lies between the tooth pulp and enamel. I suppose if the milk teeth remain un-erupted the secondary dentin has more time to form, thus making teeth stronger when they do appear?

When was flicking through the tv channels last night I caught 5 minutes of "One Born Every Minute"

Good grief, 5 minutes was too long, that's enough to put you off for life, that is! :blink:

I'm addicted to that show. I'm waiting until I get an hour on my own in the house so I can watch the extras online as well.

Was going to post this in bargain basement, but here might be more helpful...

Was in H&M today and they have wee mini pretend football strips for the princely sum of £2.99. Teams were Italy, Brazil and Spain. The boy picked Spain. Thought some of our footie obsessed parents might be interested!

Guest The Phoenix

We've just had first use of potty for a poo! Very proud! :lol:

Congrats Rowan but shouldn't you be using the big toilet at your age?

In other news, I cannae believe Matthew is one on Sunday. :o

In other news, I cannae believe Matthew is one on Sunday. :o

Crikey, where did that go?! Is he not just a couple of months old? Are you sure???

I've spent the weekend meeting 11 pregnant couples. 3 more coming up this Tuesday and another 8 on Thursday. Part of me's glad it isn't me these days, much as I loved it when it was my turn. :)