Pregnancy And Parenting

The wee one had very blue lips, hand and feet. Tried for an hour and half to warm him up and get them pinky. Wasn't working so we called NHS 24 and they send an ambulance which was a bit scary when it pulled up with blue lights. Really not necesarry as we're only 2 miles from the RAH but NHS 24 said that with circulation problems in children it's procedure.

Dr checked him over and said that the infection is just making his circulation not as good as it should be and it's leaving him a bit blue.

Home again and he's sleeping.

The wee one had very blue lips, hand and feet. Tried for an hour and half to warm him up and get them pinky. Wasn't working so we called NHS 24 and they send an ambulance which was a bit scary when it pulled up with blue lights. Really not necesarry as we're only 2 miles from the RAH but NHS 24 said that with circulation problems in children it's procedure.

Dr checked him over and said that the infection is just making his circulation not as good as it should be and it's leaving him a bit blue.

Poor you. That must have been terrifying! I'm glad you've got him home now. They do like to scare the crap out of you from time to time!

Bloody hell. That must've been terrifying to see you wee one that way. Hope the wee man is on the mend.

Scary! :( How's he doing now?

He's pink today which is an improvment! Still very lathargic the tonsalities combined with gastroentoritus (neither of which I can spell!) are taking it out of him.

Just catching up this thread.

Thomas had gastroenteritis in January which was pretty frightening before he was even one and can't tell you what's wrong. A bit of projectile vomiting and generally unhappy for a few days followed by a trip to the Doctor's for a check up as we weren't convinced he was recovering well which turned into a bit of a fright when they sent us straight up to the hospital and they admitted him! That was a fecking long day (especially as Steven was due to arrive any time) but all was well in the end.

It is frightening when you feel so helpless, particularly when they are too young to even know what's wrong. It broke my heart.

Hopefully all will come good again. And sorry also to hear about your father in law GMan. At least he got to know his grandson first.

Meantime, in other news, the little automatic constant crying / screaming machine that is Steven stopped crying at about 1pm yesterday afternoon and, up to me leaving for work at 8:45 this morning, basically slept for about 16 hours straight with a couple of very short waking periods to drink not very much milk so his mother is starting to fret the other way that something must be wrong with him because he's sleeping too much now! Not heard how he's been today though so that's probably a good sign.

Yeah, when he went floppy and rolling to back of head eyes on Monday I took him straight to the GP who looked him over and sent us straight to the short stay childrens ward. That was scary until last night when NHS24 sent the ambulance and Monday seemed a walk in the park!

Kirsty's been coughing quite a bit through the night, although it never seems to fully waken her up, and she never coughs through the day, is this normal?

I wouldnt say its normal, no.

Molly does this from time to time, she is at the moment in fact. Sometimes it passes and sometimes, like now, its because of a chest infection. The problem with her is that when she coughs a lot, shes also sick :(

As LM said, it could also be early signs of asthma. Mrs X has it, so we've been told they'll keep an eye on that too.

Basically, I would say if she keeps coughing for more than a few days, or so, then take her to the doctors.

Yeah, Charlie is suffering from a sore stomach. I feel really sorry for him, but I am secretly jealous of the farts he has been letting rip since he got up an hour ago.

He seems to have settled down a bit now so we might try and get him off to bed soon.

Edited by Adam_Wee

Yeah, Charlie is suffering from a sore stomach. I feel really sorry for him, but I am secretly jealous of the farts he has been letting rip since he got up an hour ago.

He seems to have settled down a bit now so we might try and get him off to bed soon.

I managed to empty the back of my van of 3 people on tuesday morning and shouts were check you underware Keith you are fucking rank :lol::lol:

I managed to empty the back of my van of 3 people on tuesday morning and shouts were check you underware Keith you are fucking rank :lol::lol:

You're disgusting!

Well it's probably closer to 19 nappies as quite a few of them I doubled up to try and stop the leakages!

Poor soul! I hope you've got some Sudocrem or something in!

2 more changes before he was asleep at half nine!

About to change my 3rd nappy since 7am :(

Maybe it's actually a good thing and it's all the posion clear out his body.

Sounds like 4th nappy change is iminent.

Edited by rowan