Pregnancy And Parenting

Exactly! The environment is a bit of a concern, but to be honest, it's the pocket that worries me more! Disposables are great for when they're tiny and their poo is nearly liquid, or even for when you're out and about, but I never found the reusable ones any more work than the disposable. You've got washing to do anyway, so it's only an extra load (if you'll pardon the phrase) every couple of days. If you've got the shaped ones, it's just the same. If you've got the terry squares, you just fold them to the right shape when you're putting them away and they're ready for when they're needed. If I had a washing line or a tumble drier, I'd be using them as well.

Having a back garden is great for getting the washing out on a good day,I used to love hanging the nappies outside when my daughter was little,I still love seeing the washing hanging on the line on a windy day....There's just something about seeing it all blowing about in the wind. :lol::ph34r:

Picked the wee one up from nursery this afternoon to be told that he had spent the day looking after and taking toys to the little girl who wasn't feeling too well. The girls were saying they've not seen a toddler who takes such time to looks after others. I was very proud!

I reckon I'll be on here for a few tips over the coming months.

YOu will. Mostly at times when you would normally have been oot on the razz but no longer have the money or energy. :D

Congrats. Bloody magic isn't it?

That was great today. Everything is perfect but the scan photos we got are so so. It wouldn't stay still for a decent profile shot. It was stretching, boxing and flipping about most of the time which is a pain for the sonographer but thrilling for us to watch.

19 weeks to go.

OK, the wife's 8 days over her due date the contractions started at 4 this morning and they're about every 10 minutes apart give or take. Phoned the midwife who reckoned it could be ages yet.

Question is, should I go to the St. Johnstone game or watch it on thetelly. She reckons I should go, I reckon I should stay here.

OK, the wife's 8 days over her due date the contractions started at 4 this morning and they're about every 10 minutes apart give or take. Phoned the midwife who reckoned it could be ages yet.

Question is, should I go to the St. Johnstone game or watch it on thetelly. She reckons I should go, I reckon I should stay here.

Don't go. When she reaches transition, do you want to be hit with "And you went to the fucking football, you arsehole! I fucking hate you!"? I know she says it's fine now, but labouring women aren't the most rational of people. I always swore I'd never say "I've had enough. Can I just go home now", and sure enough, I did.

Don't go. When she reaches transition, do you want to be hit with "And you went to the fucking football, you arsehole! I fucking hate you!"? I know she says it's fine now, but labouring women aren't the most rational of people. I always swore I'd never say "I've had enough. Can I just go home now", and sure enough, I did.

Why narrow that down to labouring women? wink.gif

I wasn't going to go and to be honest, I'm quite happy to have a good excuse not to. Could be in for a long wait though.

She has a question now. Should the kid be kicking in between the contractions? She assumed it would stop.

I've been told that it is perfectly normal for this to happen. Ask Ayrgirl if you are still unsure, she is the resident Midwife. ;)

Good luck, it's the best thing in the world.

I wouldn't go to the footie if I were you, it only took me 4 hours to get to 10cm... rolleyes.gif And yes, from what I remember, I still felt movement between contractions.

Cheers. I'll tell her everything's normal.

As you can see I'm not at the football. I'm a bloody jinx anyway.