Pregnancy And Parenting

Unless you read the instruction book, of course :rolleyes:

Yeah. Finding it hard to believe that one of the first things it says in the accompanying literature is not whether or not it's safe to be used with a front seat airbag in the UK. They all seem to spell that sort of thing out straight away in BIG letters.

Yeah. Finding it hard to believe that one of the first things it says in the accompanying literature is not whether or not it's safe to be used with a front seat airbag in the UK. They all seem to spell that sort of thing out straight away in BIG letters.

Mmm. Out of curiosity I did the following:

Checked the properties of the photo posted to find it's from Britax's own website.

Followed that to find the actual product on the manufacturer's website.

Clicked on the tab next to the photo on that website that says "Instructions & User Guides"

Got to Page 3 where it says:

Seat is suitable for use in front passenger seat but if the vehicle has an airbag, the front seat should be slid all the way back or nearly so and instructions of the vehicle manufacturer should be observed.

So technically yes it can but I'd guess almost all vehicle manufacturers recommend you don't.

Happy 1st Birthday to Thomas SD!

:D

Cheers. Just got him down to sleep in his cot which is why I'm sitting nearby with the pc on to see if he settles. He got loads of clothes and a couple of books etc and a big box of heliium balloons that play 'Happy Birthday' to him that he thinks are great. :)

:D

Cheers. Just got him down to sleep in his cot which is why I'm sitting nearby with the pc on to see if he settles. He got loads of clothes and a couple of books etc and a big box of heliium balloons that play 'Happy Birthday' to him that he thinks are great. :)

Probably more than my dad who turned 59 got today! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

What a feckin' awful day!

Got about four hours sleep last night after Steven decided not to settle until after 2am and then Thomas woke screaming at 4:45am. Got him settled again but he was up at 7am. And BOTH of them have spent most of the day screaming their heads off, in Thomas' case probably because another two teeth have appeared. It's taken two hours to give each of them their dinner too. Time to start bathtime routines now. Better get them to sleep earlier tonight.

What a feckin' awful day!

Got about four hours sleep last night after Steven decided not to settle until after 2am and then Thomas woke screaming at 4:45am. Got him settled again but he was up at 7am. And BOTH of them have spent most of the day screaming their heads off, in Thomas' case probably because another two teeth have appeared. It's taken two hours to give each of them their dinner too. Time to start bathtime routines now. Better get them to sleep earlier tonight.

Oh dear. And to think we were pulling our hair out at Charlie not settling down until 9pm last night.

I really don't envy you. :P

For those out there with teething children may I recommend Ashton and Parsons teething powders I used them with both my kids who took badly to teeth forcing themselves through their gums and they worked better than anything else we tried. You can put the powder on their tongue or rub a little on their gums.

For the poster who asked for the best way to get the baby in their own room I can only say routine, routine, routine, my evening with my two was tea, play, wait for them to start to fail, then in the bath, pyjamas on, bottle and bed. They'll scream at the start but if you can resist running in and scooping them out of bed at the slightest thing then they'll soon get in the groove.

For those out there with teething children may I recommend Ashton and Parsons teething powders I used them with both my kids who took badly to teeth forcing themselves through their gums and they worked better than anything else we tried. You can put the powder on their tongue or rub a little on their gums.

For the poster who asked for the best way to get the baby in their own room I can only say routine, routine, routine, my evening with my two was tea, play, wait for them to start to fail, then in the bath, pyjamas on, bottle and bed. They'll scream at the start but if you can resist running in and scooping them out of bed at the slightest thing then they'll soon get in the groove.

These worked for our youngster but beware as Boots seemed to have a real shortage whenever I needed them!!

Yup works with our son also it just takes a we bit for it to kick in. Has been going on for some time. Getting him into his room will be a huge task for us. But now me and the wife are both off together we will work at this. The just letting him lie there n scream is hard going. I fail at this sad.gif

Seriously, sitting with tears in your eyes through the screaming is the only way to do it, I have been there!!

It was very similar when Santa took her dummy away - two nights of hell then not a cheep!!

It's difficult but your only looking at a couple of days of this, a week at the very outside, however if you go for the cuddle approach you'll never get out of the bit and your kid will stay demanding and needy because that's what you've taught him. I remember when my two were babies, getting them in a routine and in their own room was the best thing because it gave me and my wife time to ourselves every evening, and as we all know there's nothing better than putting your feet up and doing nowt.

It's difficult but your only looking at a couple of days of this, a week at the very outside, however if you go for the cuddle approach you'll never get out of the bit and your kid will stay demanding and needy because that's what you've taught him. I remember when my two were babies, getting them in a routine and in their own room was the best thing because it gave me and my wife time to ourselves every evening, and as we all know there's nothing better than putting your feet up and doing nowt.

Sorry, but disagree. We co-sleep with our wee one, he's an independant and confident little boy who is in no way damanding or needy.

I personally don't think it's right to leave a baby screaming just in the name of routine.

Sorry, but disagree. We co-sleep with our wee one, he's an independant and confident little boy who is in no way damanding or needy.

I personally don't think it's right to leave a baby screaming just in the name of routine.

I think there's probably a happy medium somewhere but to be honest that hasn't been a major issue for us so far. Thomas hasn't really complained much about any of his teeth coming through (and he now has eight). Couple of nights when he's woken crying or screaming but even they may have been coincidental for all I know. We gave him some calpol last night and not a note from him till he got up this morning. Neither has he ever whined much when put to bed. We used to just let him sit up as long as he wanted with us downstairs to fall asleep when he was ready (which tended to be 9:30 - 10pm though occasionally later) but since Steven arrived he's been getting put to bed at 9pm. Occasionally cries for 2 or 3 minutes but then you don't hear him again.

Steven so far is a much more needy baby in that generally if he's awake, and not feeding, then he's crying. But he's only three weeks old today so we'll see how that carries on.

We've certainly found that routine works well for us though.

EDITED to add - If anyone's interested, last night was a MUCH better night and I got almost eight hours solid sleep! Wife was up for two hours in the middle of the night but even she got eight hours in two stints. Could cope no bother if they were all like last night. Would be driven insane fairly soon if they were all like Saturday night was!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

But thats not what he's talking about. He's talking about running in and comforting a child just because they dont like something new in their 'routine', and he's right.

No ones suggesting that :huh: When a child cries, every parent knows, or should know, whether the child is genuinely in distress, or pain, and when they're not. Leaving them crying when they are genuinely distressed (and not liking a change in routine is not genuine distress) is cruel, but no one is suggesting that.