Pregnancy And Parenting

He'll be fine, ours was born 5 weeks prem and was a similar weight. After a period of fluctuating weight loss and gain he started piling it on and was fine. Congratulations. :D

Also congratulations to SD and his missus on their new arrival.

Babies everywhere!

Fucksake. Ours was born 8 and a bit weeks prem. Nevertheless he was still fine :rolleyes:

Congrats to all :D

SD: Glad number 2 arrived safely. is No 1 1 yet or is that next week?!

Thundermonkey; Congratulations, hope the wife has a smooth and healthy pregnancy.

G_man: I've co slept with my child, it's much frowned upon but I did alot of research into it first. Google Helen Ball. Drop me a PM if you want to know more.

Right who's nerxt?

G_man: I've co slept with my child, it's much frowned upon but I did alot of research into it first. Google Helen Ball. Drop me a PM if you want to know more.

Right who's next?

I actually had a midwife recommend it to me once. There are some health professionals that are right behind it, and I can see the benefits to it. The problem I have with it is that I don't sleep because I'm too scared of rolling over and squashing him!

I actually had a midwife recommend it to me once. There are some health professionals that are right behind it, and I can see the benefits to it. The problem I have with it is that I don't sleep because I'm too scared of rolling over and squashing him!

You're also a smoker aren't you? As it's strongly recommended you don't.

You sleep on a different 'plane' if you know what I mean and have an acute conciouness as to where they are.

You're also a smoker aren't you? As it's strongly recommended you don't.

You sleep on a different 'plane' if you know what I mean and have an acute conciouness as to where they are.

which of the 31 buddist planes would that be? You're trying to say, that sleeping with your child gives you some sort of mommy spider sense as to their location in time and space?

which of the 31 buddist planes would that be? You're trying to say, that sleeping with your child gives you some sort of mommy spider sense as to their location in time and space?

Yes, it does. Part of you remains awake, and you can almost feel your ear twitching towards them when they make a sound!

Yes.

Yes, it does. Part of you remains awake, and you can almost feel your ear twitching towards them when they make a sound!

fascinating. I wonder if it affects neural pathways -there's a research grant in this for someone.

I note you said, "its much frowned upon...I did the research" I can't help thinking this means, "I researched till I found someone who agreed with me."

incidently I think I forgot to say congrats to all in my previous post.

fascinating. I wonder if it affects neural pathways -there's a research grant in this for someone.

I note you said, "its much frowned upon...I did the research" I can't help thinking this means, "I researched till I found someone who agreed with me."

incidently I think I forgot to say congrats to all in my previous post.

You search for co-sleeping on the internet. See how long it takes you to find someone who says it's ok. I'll say about 3 seconds, roughly the same amount of time it'll take to find someone who says it's not. :P

Thomas will be 1 on Friday. The birthdays are four days apart (and are in my signature incidentally ;) )

Along with Valentines day surely every February is going to cripple you financially from now on? :P

Congrats once again. :)

You search for co-sleeping on the internet. See how long it takes you to find someone who says it's ok. I'll say about 3 seconds, roughly the same amount of time it'll take to find someone who says it's not. :P

I think thats exactly what theentomologist meant ;)

My advice for new parents would be dont listen too much to other peoples advice. Talk to as many people as you can, read as much as you can and make your own minds up. Do not take the word of someone on the internet as anything other than something to think about, discuss and research properly yourselves

Of course, if you follow my advice you automatically wont be following my advice :lol:

I think thats exactly what theentomologist meant ;)

My advice for new parents would be dont listen too much to other peoples advice. Talk to as many people as you can, read as much as you can and make your own minds up. Do not take the word of someone on the internet as anything other than something to think about, discuss and research properly yourselves

Of course, if you follow my advice you automatically wont be following my advice :lol:

the best bit of advice I ever had about babies was that they are remarkably robust, and not to worry too much as we've been doing OK as a species recently in keeping the wee people alive. :D

I've also co slept with my child. Although it became a nightmare trying to stop it. Cal was in his own bed and I'd have to climb into his bed to get him to sleep. Invariably I'd fall asleep as well and then come back downstairs at 10pm looking sheepish and having to apologise for being so long :ph34r: The worst was trying to wean him off of it and sneaking out of the bed and finding yourself asleep on the top step as that's how far you got before he woke up.

I've also co slept with my child. Although it became a nightmare trying to stop it. Cal was in his own bed and I'd have to climb into his bed to get him to sleep. Invariably I'd fall asleep as well and then come back downstairs at 10pm looking sheepish and having to apologise for being so long :ph34r:The worst was trying to wean him off of it and sneaking out of the bed and finding yourself asleep on the top step as that's how far you got before he woke up.

This is why I wouldn't want to co sleep with the boy. Gets them into some bad habits. It was bad enough getting him off the dummy. :lol:

Charlie had his MMR booster this afternoon. As usual, he wasn't best pleased for a minute but then after a cuddle he was fine. What a brave wee man!

This is why I wouldn't want to co sleep with the boy. Gets them into some bad habits. It was bad enough getting him off the dummy. :lol:

Charlie had his MMR booster this afternoon. As usual, he wasn't best pleased for a minute but then after a cuddle he was fine. What a brave wee man!

It's only a BAD habit if you view it as such :P Ruairidh will sleepy happily in his own bed for his naps and on his own at his Grandparents.

LM-ignore theentomologist, he's just jealous that when he got stuck here due to the snow at Christmas I wouldn't let him co-sleep with Ruairidh, Al and I! He's a big lad after all.....I could hear him sobbing into the teddy bear of Ruairidh's which we had to lend him.........

SD-I remembered after I posted that Thomas had the same birthday as my dad, but didn't edit my post!

Mr X-good advice there.....although the on bit of advice from someone else I did listen too was from PB's very own Whistle Blower who told me, "not to hold anything said in the middle of the night against each other in the morning". Which I thought was good.