Pregnancy And Parenting

Well ... I like your baby and I like Rajpelts baby, but I like Rowans baby too.

Theres only way to decide .... FIGHT!

I'll just sit on Raj and Cyber. I'm that huge it'll probably kill them

Reina, and then you remember the sleepless nights and stitches! :lol:

Reina, and then you remember the sleepless nights and stitches! :lol:

Ah, it's all worth it... the boy will be 20 months this week! We're now starting to get sentences. "Where's the woof woof" was what we got on Monday before he burst into tears when he realised mum and dad's dog had gone back to mum and dad's after their weekend away!

Hello. Looking for some advice. Our 15 month old daughter has got a terrible cough just now, not too bad during the day but at night she just coughs and coughs, waking herself up. We've tried cough syrup but that is just glorified sugar and doesn't work. Has anyone experienced the same and have any tips? She has had the cough for a few days but the last couple of days have been much worse. Her poor wee voice is all hoarse as well, like she's been smoking 40 a day for the last 30 years (in reality we try and keep her down to 20 a day).

Hello. Looking for some advice. Our 15 month old daughter has got a terrible cough just now, not too bad during the day but at night she just coughs and coughs, waking herself up. We've tried cough syrup but that is just glorified sugar and doesn't work. Has anyone experienced the same and have any tips? She has had the cough for a few days but the last couple of days have been much worse. Her poor wee voice is all hoarse as well, like she's been smoking 40 a day for the last 30 years (in reality we try and keep her down to 20 a day).

Dry cough? Productive cough?

If she's quite snottery, it might be worth trying to keep one end of her bed propped up so that her head is higher than her chest. We did this with Charlie recently when he was loaded with the cold because he just couldn't stop coughing and was finding it really hard to get his breath back after a coughing fit. Worked like a charm and he slept right through. If that doesn't help, or if it goes on a lot longer, see your GP.

For a dry, wheezy cough, I'd suggest maybe getting the doctor to have a little listen to her chest just to make sure there's nothing else going on there. Otherwise, patience the usual fluids etc.

Dry cough? Productive cough?

If she's quite snottery, it might be worth trying to keep one end of her bed propped up so that her head is higher than her chest. We did this with Charlie recently when he was loaded with the cold because he just couldn't stop coughing and was finding it really hard to get his breath back after a coughing fit. Worked like a charm and he slept right through. If that doesn't help, or if it goes on a lot longer, see your GP.

For a dry, wheezy cough, I'd suggest maybe getting the doctor to have a little listen to her chest just to make sure there's nothing else going on there. Otherwise, patience the usual fluids etc.

Yep, can't offer anything better than this. Use a pillow or raise one end of the bed so that the head is above the chest. If that isn't enough then I used to go downstairs with mine and doze on the couch with them sitting sleeping on my lap. It wasn't ideal but we both at least got some sleep that way.

And likewise, if it's a persistent cough that won't go away and isn't obviously linked to a cold then get them to a doctor. There could be asthma or a chest infection going on.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Cheers guys, we've already got her bed propped up due to the fact she seems to have a constant cold at the moment. We did take her to the doctor a couple of weeks ago when the cough wasn't as bad but they said there was nothing to worry about and she did improve for a wee while after that. I think I will make an another appointment as it does seem to have gone on for a long time and it is a lot worse now.

Hello!

I like to ask random questions on this thread from time to time! When you found out you were pregnant how soon did you tell everyone? Straight away, after the first scan, couple of days before she dropped?

Cheers guys, we've already got her bed propped up due to the fact she seems to have a constant cold at the moment. We did take her to the doctor a couple of weeks ago when the cough wasn't as bad but they said there was nothing to worry about and she did improve for a wee while after that. I think I will make an another appointment as it does seem to have gone on for a long time and it is a lot worse now.

You could also try a humidifier. We have on that we use in the little ones room when he has a cold/cough.

Hello!

I like to ask random questions on this thread from time to time! When you found out you were pregnant how soon did you tell everyone? Straight away, after the first scan, couple of days before she dropped?

Congrats ;)

Family straight away, everyone else after the 12 week scan.

Hello!

Aw, well done! :P

This time, we waited until 12 weeks before most people found out, but we let a few close friends know earlier than that. Last time, it was when we'd had an 8 week scan confirming that things were fine. It's been different with all of mine though.

:lol:Nah, I'm just planning ahead for when it does happen!

Uh huh. <_<

Anyway, due to past history, we said nothing to anyone until we pretty much had to. With Steven no-one other than the two of us knew until about 20 weeks I think. Thomas was largely the same though circumstance meant a very small group of people who were in Denmark with us at the Nordsjaelland game had to know ahead of that. It was probably about 14 weeks for those.

Had a Saturday night in last night. My girlfriend got up to go to the kitchen and I was still sitting on the livingroom couch and as I looked round I jus saw her going down. She tripped and landed on her right hand side, hitting her stomach. I absolutely shat myself, panicking more than her. Today she woke up and has excurciating back pain and nausea but the baby is still moving around. My heart was in my mouth :unsure:.

Anyway got a checkup tomorrow so we'll have to mention it.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Had a Saturday night in last night. My girlfriend got up to go to the kitchen and I was still sitting on the livingroom couch and as I looked round I jus saw her going down. She tripped and landed on her right hand side, hitting her stomach. I absolutely shat myself, panicking more than her. Today she woke up and has excurciating back pain and nausea but the baby is still moving around. My heart was in my mouth :unsure:.

We had a similar experience. My wife tripped over in the kitchen and landed flush on the bump - I think she was six or seven months pregnant at the time. We took no chances and left straight away for the hospital, but thankfully no damage was done. She panicked more than me and insisted I drive us both to the hospital. I'm sure everything will be fine, but just make sure your girlfriend is properly checked out.

Thankfully all is ok...thank god.