Pregnancy And Parenting

Is she hoping to get a sweep done and a date set for induction? I have a consultant apt on Monday, hoping for a sweep but I'm not sure they'll do one at 39+4

Do I want to ask what a sweep is?!?

She was at midwife today and he is pressing less on the ol' escape hatch. Think we get induction date next Friday 8th? How long after is it generally take after for induction?

Do I want to ask what a sweep is?!?

She was at midwife today and he is pressing less on the ol' escape hatch. Think we get induction date next Friday 8th? How long after is it generally take after for induction?

Basically they sweep the cervix to try and stimulate the hormones needed to get labour going. I didn't have one last time as I'd gone by now. Think they'll leave you 10-14 days over before induction, varies from hospital to hospital.

Glad to hear it.

No new arrivals yet then?

Josh was weighed again today, up to 13lb7.5. He's bag on the 75th percentile for height and weight, his head is bigger though :lol: 9 weeks now, and growing out of his 0-3 months clothes. Scary stuff.

My boy is coming up for 5 months and is starting on 9-12 month clothes. He's right on the very top line (99.8%) for length and about 91% for weight.

Oh did anyone fly while pregnant?

My wife flew at 26 weeks. No questions from the airline, no problems whatsoever.

Tip for anyone with bottle feeding / reflux issues - Carobel from Cow and Gate. I wish we'd started using it months ago - it has all but cured Callum of all his feeding problems.

Tip for anyone with bottle feeding / reflux issues - Carobel from Cow and Gate. I wish we'd started using it months ago - it has all but cured Callum of all his feeding problems.

At 5 months he may just about have been growing out of it naturally anyway? It was about then that Steven really ceased to be a problem on the reflux issue.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

At 5 months he may just about have been growing out of it naturally anyway? It was about then that Steven really ceased to be a problem on the reflux issue.

He was still restless during feeding and had a lot of regurgitation afterwards a couple of weeks ago while on Gaviscon (which I had thought was a miracle treatment as he was a lot worse before we used it), but it stopped completely, save the odd dribble, with literally the first feed on Carobel. He is also feeding much quicker - 240ml in 15-20 minutes rather than 40. And he was getting constipated on Gaviscon, but doesn't have that problem now (although that's a mixed blessing!).

I have the consultant in the morning. Hoping that he might do a sweep not sure though as I'm not past my due date quite yet. We have now decided on a name for baby :)

I have the consultant in the morning. Hoping that he might do a sweep not sure though as I'm not past my due date quite yet. We have now decided on a name for baby :)

Few pains about an hour apart just now, dunno if tonight might be the night.

Few pains about an hour apart just now, dunno if tonight might be the night.

Good luck if it is! I've had a couple of, should we call the babysitter moments in the last few weeks. I had no Braxton Hicks last time but have had some really painful and sustained ones this time!

You're a week over due now aren't you?

Good luck if it is! I've had a couple of, should we call the babysitter moments in the last few weeks. I had no Braxton Hicks last time but have had some really painful and sustained ones this time!

You're a week over due now aren't you?

Yeah one week over, first child, so not sure what to make of said pains at the moment.

Edited by rajpelt

Yeah one week over, first child, so not sure what to make of said pains at the moment.

We went to Dundee and bought a nintendo wii when my girlfriend was in early labour :lol:

Good luck if this is it!

Josh is a bit under the weather today, hopin it'll pass, if it hasn't by morning we'll be phoning the doctor though.

I've no idea what I'm looking for either and this is my 2nd! I was induced after my waters went and labour didn't start and given an epidural shortly after the induction drip went up so I have no recollection of labour at all!