Pregnancy And Parenting

I am the lady! I liked Eilidh but as my oldest is Ruairidh which is Gaelic for Roderick which is my Dad's name and Eilidh being gaelic for Helen which is my mums name we felt that we didn't want mini versions of both my parents :lol: With an Alasdair, Ruairidh and now a Niamh (pronounce Neeve) we get interesting spellings too! :lol:

It is a bit of a long name, long story behind it!

We picked EIlidh then found out it meant Helen afterwards. Just so happens that Helen is my mother in laws name, so she tells everyone that Eilidh is named after her which is lies! It's just a really pretty name. it was unusual at the time, but now she's at nursery with two other Eilidh's. My older Girl is called Brodie, I've always liked it more as a girls name but with it also being short for Broderick, when she's not about, i tend to have to squeeze the fact that she's a girl into conversation pretty early to avoid confusion!

with another on the way, we've been letting the kids throw names into the hat, they've so far ranged from sonic or mario (with no sex-preference) To the more sensible Johnathan or Elizebeth. I don't like to think too seriously about those kinds of things until much later in the pregnancy though.

incidently, Neeve would've been my guess because of Mhairi.

I love the name Eilidh (and Niamh while we're on the subject), but being English, I don't know how my family would cope. I'd be hoping for a boy if not for the fact I've already used up all the boy's names I like.

Eilidh was our girl name when I was pregnant. I picked the girls name and Neil was picking the boys. Neil hated my choice. All the way through it was going to be Grant for a boy and then when he arrived suddenly he became Callum.

Edited by Ayrgirl

Eilidh was our girl name when I was pregnant. I picked the girls name and Neil was picking the boys. Neil hated my choice. All the way through it was going to be Grant for a boy and then when he arrived suddenly he became Callum.

None of mine have their pregnancy names anymore! They just didn't "look" like the names we'd chosen. I'm not even sure where Ashley came from, I hadn't even shortlisted it, but he was just definitely an Ashley. We've sat and talked about names for the next one, but this time around I think we're going to just wait and see what he/she looks like. We're also not going to find out the sex (I think - I might yet change my mind about that), so it'll be a total surprise this time.

We picked EIlidh then found out it meant Helen afterwards. Just so happens that Helen is my mother in laws name, so she tells everyone that Eilidh is named after her which is lies! It's just a really pretty name. it was unusual at the time, but now she's at nursery with two other Eilidh's. My older Girl is called Brodie, I've always liked it more as a girls name but with it also being short for Broderick, when she's not about, i tend to have to squeeze the fact that she's a girl into conversation pretty early to avoid confusion!

with another on the way, we've been letting the kids throw names into the hat, they've so far ranged from sonic or mario (with no sex-preference) To the more sensible Johnathan or Elizebeth. I don't like to think too seriously about those kinds of things until much later in the pregnancy though.

incidently, Neeve would've been my guess because of Mhairi.

I like Mhairi but his sister is Mhairianne (pronounce marianne thought) so couldn't use it either. She's not the nicest.

I love the name, just couldn't use it, I have a foster sister who we don't see any more and she had (now adopted) child called Eilidh.

None of mine have their pregnancy names anymore! They just didn't "look" like the names we'd chosen. I'm not even sure where Ashley came from, I hadn't even shortlisted it, but he was just definitely an Ashley. We've sat and talked about names for the next one, but this time around I think we're going to just wait and see what he/she looks like. We're also not going to find out the sex (I think - I might yet change my mind about that), so it'll be a total surprise this time.

We came up with Niamh just last week but until she was born I wasn't sure about it. She was to be Sarah Elizabeth but we hit a snag with that, too long a story for on here!

I am the lady! I liked Eilidh but as my oldest is Ruairidh which is Gaelic for Roderick which is my Dad's name and Eilidh being gaelic for Helen which is my mums name we felt that we didn't want mini versions of both my parents :lol: With an Alasdair, Ruairidh and now a Niamh (pronounce Neeve) we get interesting spellings too! :lol:

It is a bit of a long name, long story behind it!

What does "Alasdair" mean?

First time i've logged on since friday morning, its seems i've missed a fair bit.

Baby Rajpelt arrived safe and well Tuesday after a long labour.

9 pound 7, what a bruiser!!!!!

Congrats, quality stuff.

Was induced yesterday morning, won't give you the labour details!

Niamh Sarah Elizabeth Shaw arrived at 3.42pm weighing 7lb 11oz (so much for my small baby!) We're home and well.

Congrats, great news!

Yeah congratulations Rowan, lovely name.

Who's next then?

Hopefully my missus.. due date is one week today!

Is it not you?

On the knowing names, Josh was one of two names we had picked out before he came, the other was Jake. And would have been Sophie if he was a girl.

My Dad's one and only suggestion was Sophie, but it was the top name last year with 720 or so born in Scotland!

Good hustle Rowan. :D

Cheers, how's your wee one doing?

First time i've logged on since friday morning, its seems i've missed a fair bit.

Congrats, quality stuff.

Congrats, great news!

Hopefully my missus.. due date is one week today!

Good luck, hope it's a fairly quick labour your your other half.

Bit sorer this morning but the wee one is going about three hours between feeds and when she's latched on is feeding well. Think we had 12 dirty bums in 24 hours so hopefully that's all the merconium away-so lady like! Husband taken my oldest to softplay to let him burn off some energy, he's been well behaved so far but has had an array of dotting grandparents over the weekend which I think has helped! Waiting on the midwife to visit.