Pregnancy And Parenting

Don't you just hate parents who go on about how fabulous a parent they are?! :lol:

Cheers guys!

I think Adam hates that she constantly talks about her breasts and feels the need to feed her son every 10 minutes. I can't imagine why. :lol:

Steven is indeed seriously teething now. We can see two or three coming through and it's really hurting him. And his wee bum is red raw with it too. We noticed that with Thomas too, he would get a really sore bum when teeth were coming through. I'm sure there's some scientific connection there! :huh:

I believe it's to do with the saliva. When they're teething, they're drooling a lot which means they're swallowing a lot more of it than they usually do. I believe it's quite acidic so when it comes out the other end, it gives them a sore bum.

Ta dah!

I think Adam hates that she constantly talks about her breasts and feels the need to feed her son every 10 minutes. I can't imagine why. :lol:

People like her give bf a bad name.

Had a midwife appointment yesterday and I'm really worried now :(

She's just realised that my blood type is A- and that this could have implications for the baby and I'm so scared :( I know it's something that's easy managed and probably won't even be an issue... But I still can't help but worry :(

20 week scan today and all is ticking along quite nicely. Baby is growing as should be and kicking away and generally not staying still for a second. Did allow us some good pictures.

post-6361-0-54457000-1309378194_thumb.jp

Placenta is sitting quite low just now so we've to go back in 10 weeks for another scan to see if it's moved up if not they will do regular scans and then work the birth plan around it if need be.

Wee Well Chick, try and not worry. My wife's soon to be step-sister is also A- and she had to go through the injections and the pregnancy went perfect. She now has a cracking wee 3 year old girl. It'll all be good. Don't worry. :)

20 week scan today and all is ticking along quite nicely. Baby is growing as should be and kicking away and generally not staying still for a second. Did allow us some good pictures.

post-6361-0-54457000-1309378194_thumb.jp

Placenta is sitting quite low just now so we've to go back in 10 weeks for another scan to see if it's moved up if not they will do regular scans and then work the birth plan around it if need be.

Wee Well Chick, try and not worry. My wife's soon to be step-sister is also A- and she had to go through the injections and the pregnancy went perfect. She now has a cracking wee 3 year old girl. It'll all be good. Don't worry. :)

Cracking picture! Glad all is well.

Is A- when you need injections at 28 weeks and again after the birth? If so it's nothing to worry about, my girlfriend was the same. I believe it wouldn't have any effect on your first child, but depending on the blood type of that, it could affect future pregnancies if you don't have the injections. It's nothing to worry about though :)

Is A- when you need injections at 28 weeks and again after the birth? If so it's nothing to worry about, my girlfriend was the same. I believe it wouldn't have any effect on your first child, but depending on the blood type of that, it could affect future pregnancies if you don't have the injections. It's nothing to worry about though :)

That's basically it. It's not overly common because RhD- blood types aren't particularly common, but it happens enough that midwives and doctors know exactly what they're doing.

Babycentre link

That's basically it. It's not overly common because RhD- blood types aren't particularly common, but it happens enough that midwives and doctors know exactly what they're doing.

Babycentre link

It's amazing how much sharing can make you feel better about something! :)

I think I may have been having one of my irrational days yesterday :P

It's amazing how much sharing can make you feel better about something! :)

I think I may have been having one of my irrational days yesterday :P

That's allowed! Glad you're feeling better. :)

Edited by Mrs M

As others have said, do as you like with the potty training, it's up to you. I had a glance at that book on Amazon Reina. I think I might order it too. We should really be getting Thomas more seriously started on it soon. He's never used the potty yet or indeed the adapted toilet seat we have, though he's offered that every night before his bath.

Big boy had a "pee pee" sitting on the toilet before his bath last night. :D

And learned to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" at Nursery today which he's been regaling us with since. :D

I think we worked out earlier that we're due around the same time? We are 21 weeks today. We had a scan at wk 19 but the wee bugger was hiding it's face so we had to go back last week. Fortunately it was behaving but the photos we got weren't that great. The last time I saw something like this it popped out of the burd's abdomen in V!

post-101-0-07280700-1309475030_thumb.jpg

Ah Ryan's on that for the same thing. How's she getting on with it? x

:lol: probably slightly smaller dose, so far today it's moved problem from afternoon to evening. She's sat on lap screaming. :(