Pregnancy And Parenting

No Riena, they were binned by gov just before I had Niamh. You can get junior ISA instead but you don't get the £250 from gov any more.

We got lucky and timed both of ours for when the CTF was active. Not sure if they will still get the follow up £250 when they are seven though or did they stop that for existing CTF holders also? :unsure:

Anyway, both our boys have Child Trust Funds at Nationwide, albeit we don't actively put money in for them. Any money they got at christenings and at birthdays and christmas since goes in it though. There's certainly a four figure sum in each of them.

I have a savings account for each of them in my name (which isn't therefore tax efficient as I pay tax on the interest but I don't care enough to fix it and this way it remains directly in my control) in which I put money by standing order which they will get when they leave school or go to University in due course. I know my mother also opened up accounts for each of them when they were born which must actually be in their names as she needed to borrow their birth certificates to open them. I think she puts money in regularly but I wouldn't know how much. We'll get a surprise one day.

Enough of the sensible financial advice about your child future who is responsible for the daftest conception

Not daftest per se, but given the timing, as has been pointed out at some point in this thread before, there's a fairly good chance that my elder son was conceived the night of our Scottish Cup Final against Rangers in 2008! :ph34r:

Not daftest per se, but given the timing, as has been pointed out at some point in this thread before, there's a fairly good chance that my elder son was conceived the night of our Scottish Cup Final against Rangers in 2008! :ph34r:

You're welcome :(:)

_44672864_qos_semi_416.jpg

When Adam told his Dad, he replied 'well, we know what you got for Christmas'. Charlie is the result of a football match we watched in the Ark with a few mates and a crap load of beer and what would seem to be a mishap by the good people at Durex. My second, Ashley, I'm guessing was mother's day and a bottle of red.

Ruairidh result of coil being taken out that day and me thinking ach it'll be fine.

Niamh was planned and was born exactly a year after we beat Celtic.

No 3-use protection people!

Our boy was planned, in as much as "ach, having a kid wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to us"... it only takes the once guys...

Thomas was definitely planned, yearned for and the end of a long and often heartbreaking journey.

Steven wasnt so much planned as consciously not avoided. We just presumed after the lengthy process to arrive at Thomas nothing would happen quickly. When we discovered it had we couldnt have been more surprised. Or more delighted!

Ruairidh result of coil being taken out that day and me thinking ach it'll be fine.

Niamh was planned and was born exactly a year after we beat Celtic.

No 3-use protection people!

Don't exactly see the correlation, but well done nevertheless - on both counts.

Well the wean's been home for a few nights now, and she's a wee gem. She gets up two or three times a night for a wee feed and a change. I'm having to do it all as it takes my wife too long to get out of bed because of her stitches, but I don't mind.

She's great :D

See watching things like One Born Every Minute and The Midwives, I'm always alright until the new dads start blubbing. That's normally enough to set me off as well. All you proud daddies on here are gving me big grins and watery eyes, you wee buggers.

Did you see "The Midwives" the other day? That was tough viewing. :(

You mean the one with the 18 year old that wasn't happy about being pregnant until the baby was born? I could imagine loads of people watching it and judging her, but I just felt so sorry for her. It must have been a big shock for her to find out and not everyone finds it easy to come to terms with, let alone bond with the baby. I felt bad watching it knowing that there'd be so many people thinking badly of her when she just couldn't help it.

In both the previous episodes, they had babies that needed resus at birth. I sat there (as I always do with births in these types of shows) just willing the babies to start crying. It just seems to take forever when realistically, it's just a couple of minutes. Horrible.