Pregnancy And Parenting

Our first is due a week today, unfortunately my grandfather passed away last Saturday and have the funeral on Friday in Inverness.

Although i'm leaving it for her to decide if she wants to chance it as she knows her own body, I am extremely nervous about her waters breaking in Drumochter or something.

Sorry to hear that mate, bittersweet time for you!!!

Top tip by the way for any expectant parents, ffs don't buy MAM anti-colic bottles, sure they do what they say on the tin but by feck are they a bastart to clean, 6 feckin pieces to each bottle and they footery as feck to get cleaned in the sink, you need to use the wee toaty teat brush for most of the bits as they have holes and ridges and openings here there and feckin every where, then you need to organise them with military precision in the steriliser, absolute nightmare!!!

Plus, they are a c**t to heat too as the bottom screw piece has the holes in it for the air to equalise with a wee seperate rubber seal which lets the milk pish out and hot water pish in from the bottle warmer, meaning you have to decant the milk into another steralised vessel, heat it and then decant it back into the feckin bottle, an absolute joy at half 3 in the morning!!!

and she's went and bought 20 of the feckers :thumbsdown

Not been on this thread for a while but am back with "good news everybody". Mrs Swarley is pregnant with No2, due date around December 7th. Delighted with this as we were unfortunate to suffer a miscarriage earlier this year.

congrats, you are due the day before we are.

its a race :P

Good luck swarley. Few of us have had mc on here and then had healthy happy babies!

We had a miscarriage before No1 as well. This year's was at a very early stage but still but still distressing.

We had a miscarriage before No1 as well. This year's was at a very early stage but still but still distressing.

sorry for your losses mate, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you both!!!

It is, I lost my first within a week of finding out and one at 12 wks having had scan at ten wks and all being fine. Horrible experience.

However three kids later I'm off to get the tubes tied!

post-1175-14013187110258_thumb.jpg

Our first is due a week today, unfortunately my grandfather passed away last Saturday and have the funeral on Friday in Inverness.

Although i'm leaving it for her to decide if she wants to chance it as she knows her own body, I am extremely nervous about her waters breaking in Drumochter or something.

It's her first so you could probably take a day trip to Paris, have some foie gras and champagne and still come back and happily take her to the hospital.

However, the best thing is just to do whatever makes your Mrs feel at ease.

I don't think it's ever not distressing and subsequent pregnancies are always terrifying! Glad things are going well for you.

Yeah that one is sleeping in her own bed! We're having a few sleep issues at moment between chicken pox, excema, growth spurts, late night shiting in nappies! Fun and games. Tonight I didn't care where they fell asleep!!

Guest The Phoenix

Yeah that one is sleeping in her own bed! We're having a few sleep issues at moment between chicken pox, excema, growth spurts, late night shiting in nappies! Fun and games. Tonight I didn't care where they fell asleep!!

Mum and Dad sure have their problems. Still, great to hear the kids are in perfect health. :P

Not been on this thread for a while but am back with "good news everybody". Mrs Swarley is pregnant with No2, due date around December 7th. Delighted with this as we were unfortunate to suffer a miscarriage earlier this year.

Well done chief, hope it goes well.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/police-report-highlights-shocking-neglect-3619414

When do we start compulsorily sterilising scumbags like this when they've proven they couldn't look after a hot drink?

I was sat in Crosshouse hospital yesterday while the wee one was getting her blood transfusion reading this, and i was genuinely lost for words, and even more so when i read that the mother didn't have any regret or sense of responsibility, for what had happened, and absolute joke of a situation by the justice system imo, how the feck could the prosecution not have enough evidence to do the pair of them, for something, is utterly beyond me!!!

The most tragic part of that story for me is that the father had a daughter in a previous relationship who died after being scalded in the bath.

How they were allowed to have custody of the child is beyond me.

The most tragic part of that story for me is that the father had a daughter in a previous relationship who died after being scalded in the bath.

How they were allowed to have custody of the child is beyond me.

Social Services tend to bend over backwards to keep families together - or they used to, maybe the policy has changed (we no longer foster "newbies".)

We had a wee fella come to us at 3 months, his mother was allowed access (and, to be fair to her, getting from where she lived to where we lived wasn't handy) and she did make an effort. But she missed appointments regularly, too.

Anyway, she turned up one day (accompanied by a friend) rather the worse for wear (drink and/or drugs) and took the bairn.

My wife immediately notified social Services - we had no grounds to stop her taking the child with her - and eventually the RUC located her and got the child off her, and we collected him from the barracks, where he was in great form and keeping everyone entertained.

That was the last straw for Social Services and he went on for adoption.